I teach pupils of any age from beginner to pre-university level. I believe in a practical approach in which the student directs their learning as much as the teacher, allowing them to develop independence, passion, and confidence in a competitive field. Every student has their own unique needs and approaches to learning, therefore I tailor my teaching to meet every individual.
I am a Postgraduate student at Cardiff University, and professional musician and composer with experience in teaching in a variety of fields in and outside of music, to all levels and ages. I have a First Class (Hons) Degree in Music from Cardiff University, and have received awards in both composition and performance.
- First Class Honours Degree in Music (BMus) from Cardiff University, with a Year of Study Abroad (New Hampshire, US)
- Currently a Postgraduate student in Music (Composition) at Cardiff University
- Level 5 Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- A Levels: Music (A*), French (A), German (A), English Literature (A)
- Winner of the Welsh Livery Guild Award for most promising composer of the year (2016)
- Winner of the Neville John String Prize for performance (2019)
Related Work Experience:
- Freelance composer and arranger, with music performed across England, Wales and the United States.
- Freelance wedding musician.
- Self-employed violin, viola, piano and music theory teacher.
- Volunteer with Frontier in Nosy-Be, Madagascar; volunteer at a local orphanage and rehabilitation centre for disabled children; English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher of 90 pupils aged between 5- and 20-years-old at a local summer school; EFL and humanities teacher at the local youth club with pupils aged between 15- and 25-years-old; participated in wildlife conservation at a local national reserve.
- Running composition workshops for year 9 and 10 pupils as part of a university outreach programme.
- Student ambassador for Cardiff University School of Music; running UCAS interview and open days, conducting and leading tours, and acting as a school representative at Q&A presentations.
Louise is a brilliant person who cares deeply about the success of her peers. I would highly recommend her as a French tutor.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music theory lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, composition lessons for all!
Taking classical music lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|