I offer creative lessons with a focus on promoting students' wellbeing and musical development regardless of their musical skills, age or life situation. The process of learning, aims to have a positive impact on my students' lives, offering the appropriate technique to express musically in a satisfying manner. Lessons are individually designed in order to promote cognitive stimulation, support motivation, independence and confidence while awakening creativity or providing a platform to express freely in music. We tune into your unique circumstances, interests, and goals and take a flexible approach where you will take the lead.
I'm an enthusiastic musician recently graduated from the Royal Academy of Music in London.
Since september 2018 I have been appointed co-principal bassoonist of the Camera Musicae Symphony Orchestra(OCM)in Spain.
I have performed in venues such as Cadogan Hall, Royal Albert Hall, Palau de la música Catalana(Barcelona), Auditorio Nacional de Música(Madrid) etc.. I am flexible and I perform with many other orchestras and chamber ensambles. During my studies I have participated in many orchestral schemes as first bassoonist alongside the Philharmonia orchestra, BBC symphony and Concert orchestra, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra and Welsh National Opera.
I have experience teaching pupils of all ages and abilities throughout Spain and England, I am a dedicated tutor and always ensure that my lessons are fun, informative and that goals are easily achievable.
I will also make sure that both pupils and parents are aware of the maintenance of the instruments and are regularly informed regarding repertoire.
Alongside orchestral playing, I am also a woodwind tutor at the Townley grammar school in Bexleyheath, St. Paul’s Academy in Abbey Wood and I have experience in the private tutoring sector since 2014(bassoon, clarinet, flute, saxophone, piano and music theory)
During my studies I have participated in outreach projects on open days in schools in the South East London area and also worked with children in communities orchestras in the Blackheath area.
• Woodwind teacher at Townley Grammar School
• Bassoon Tutor at St Paul’s Academy, Abbey Wood
• Private Tutor woodwind and piano
• Outreach work in schools SE London
• Blackheath Community orchestra/children projects
• Outreach projects on open days at conservatoires
• Bassoon and music theory tutor in Ametlla del mar music school (Spain)
• Camera Musicae Symphony Orchestra (Spain) - co-principal bassoon since
• Czech Symphony Orchestra – China Tour 2017/2018 -2
• Pegasus Opera company
• Blackheath Opera/ Symphony orchestra
• Hampstead Garden Opera
• Barnet Symphony Orchestra
• Siegfried Camerata
• Solo Performance with Vila-Seca Chamber orchestra
• Royal Academy of Music scholarship/bursary 2017/2019
• The Vernon Elliot Bassoon Competition 1st prize 2017
• TCL scholarship- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance 2013-16
• Harold Clarke Woodwind competition 1st Prize 2013 finalist 2014
• Royal Philharmonic Society Bursary 2013
• Royal Academy of Music, Master of Arts (2017-19)
• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, BMus (hons)
While Dan was tutoring me he always behaved in the most professional manner. Always punctual and with a "can do" attitude that really rubs off on you. He is not afraid to criticize but you know it is always constructive and in your best interest. The compliments he gave me always hit home because, as with the criticism, you knew he meant it.
Excellent reliable and punctual tutor- makes lessons fun and easy to understanding my niece loves it!
flute lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest saxophone lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, clarinet lessons for all!
Taking bassoon lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|