Hi, I am a professional musician with a degree in Ethnomusicology. I am trained classically and can help you to develop your playing and technique either within the grades structure or through my own curriculum. I am also passionate about many different styles of music from around the world and specialise in Klezmer and Eastern European folk, but also have experience teaching Latin, and some South East Asian styles!
I have a dynamic and engaging approach to teaching and want my students to enjoy playing and practising as much as possible. I will tailor each lesson to suit the needs of the student. I have a wide repertoire of interesting and fun pieces for all levels, and am open to suggestions from the student. I also like to work on improvisation and composition if the student is interested.
I have been teaching private music lessons to children and adults for over 3 years, from complete beginner through to Grade 6. I am also an experienced music workshop leader, and have leading music activities for children and teenagers since 2010.
• ISI Denpasar Arts Institute, Bali, Indonesia Sept 2015 – May 2017
- Darmasiswa Scholarship
• School Of Oriental And African Studies (SOAS) Sept 2012- June 2015
- Music and Linguistics 1st Class honours
• Sidcot School Sept 2006- June 2010
- International Baccalaureat 41 / 45
- GCSE’s 12 A*s
• certTESOL English Teaching Certificate Awarded by Trinity July 2017
• Emergency First Aid At Work Awarded by Qualsafe January 2018
Freelance Translator Bahasa Indonesia – English January 2017- present
-I have written the subtitles for a feature length documentary Masean’s Message from Balinese to English, which was shown at the Singapore Film Festival 2017.
Volunteer Music Teacher at AfterSchoolClub, Bali 2016 - 2017
-Devised and taught creative, educational and fun music activities for children aged 6-11 on a regular basis at an after school club.
Private Clarinet and Piano teacher 2014 – Present
-Teaching adults and children from beginner to intermediate.
SOAS: Language Ambassador March 2014 – September 2015
- This role involves giving presentations to children in schools encouraging them to continue studying a language for GCSE, running language and music workshops and assisting with events management and coordination.
Sustrans: Clean Air Champion November 2014 – September 2015
- This role is working with Islington Council to promote awareness regarding pollution and improving air quality. Activities I have been involved with include teaching lessons over 8 weeks in primary schools, running a stall and working with members of public to change behavior. Received Best Volunteer of the Year Award.
Events Organiser : ‘London Unscene’ May 2015
Coordinator for world music event. Responsible for creating concept, booking acts, budget management, marketing and artist liaison on the night.
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||£125||£125||Not available|
|10 hours||£250||£250||Not available|