I have been a musician since was a young teen, getting into music with my best friends then forming a band, i have A levels and a degree in music, its my passion, i have experience in creating my own too.
the structure i can allocate towards your specific needs, through applying theory knowledge to our instrument it becomes a whole lot easier and unlocks a new world of playing, sharing on this information that I've learnt is something i find very exciting, music is the language of the universe.
I am a musician, i have been giving lessons on & off for roughly two years. I started playing music with my friends in my early teens, then forming a band in which we played lots of gigs at a young age, then joining an indie band continuing to play lots more shows. I studied music in college obtaining all of my grades, following on i Studied at Brighton Institute of Modern Music securing my Ba (hons) degree in Professional Musicianship - Bass.
We will be looking at defining and stylistically hitting all types of musical genres, if theres any exams you're preparing for i can certainly help with that.
If this resonates with you then don't hesitate to get in touch and i can plan lessons for you.
£15 for 30Mins
£25 for 1hour
The underrated hero! The Bass reinforces the rhythmic elements underneath whilst harmonically supporting the other instruments on top, in supporting the bass gives the music a feeling of depth, as they say... Bass is for the soul!
We will look at various techniques and musicians that incorporated them into their playing in doing so we will look at how to improve technique, developing consistent rhythm and timing as well as improving strength and dexterity in your fingers.
We will learn how to play the bass parts from many famous contemporary songs including anything you'd like to learn
we will look at defining characteristics of different musical genres and how the bass is used in other styles such as: pop, blues, funk, metal and jazz.
I can teach you music theory and simple ways of how to apply this knowledge to your instrument.
i can help with your fluidity and knowledge around the thretboard, different inversions of same chords etc.
- if you're in a band i can help you to develop bass parts and understand the parent scales behind the music that you're playing
- We can look at various chord structures and learn how to solo and what scales to play over them.
- i can teach you all parent scales, modes and how they all link together.
- if it interests you i can show you how to read and write musical score.
- If you're practicing for a particular grade with exam boards then i'd be happy to work through the syllabus with you ensuring you're fully prepared.
- lastly anything that You'd like to focus on or areas that you'd like to improve upon, whether that's a particular genre or technique, i'd love to see you succeed and make the most out of your lessons with me, After all i am your bass teacher and it's important that we work on areas that You'd like to work on so you're getting what you want out of it.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, bass guitar lessons for all!
Taking jazz guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£150||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£300||£250|