I try and approach every student differently. We all learn in different ways and our brains don't process information the same. By getting to know my students I will be able to customise each and every lesson for them and making sure that they're getting the most out of their lessons to help them achieve their going in a timely manner and without waisting their time.
Paul has been performing as a professional saxophonist since 2010. He moved to London in 2012, to further his studies in Music Performance & Production at London Centre of Contemporary Music (LCCM).
During his career Paul has performed all over the globe including; The Caribbean, Malta, Turkey, Tunisia, Germany, Italy, UK & many more.
As a session musician Paul has a vast experience in studio sessions, working with a number of bands and performing live with function/party bands, jazz bands, big bands and orchestras.
Paul's performances include; Malta Philharmonic Orchestra, Big Band Brothers, Black Hat Band, Ruby & the Rhythms, MK & the Misters (to mention a few!) Paul is also a band leader and manager for one of London's top Party and Award Winning Bands, MK & the Misters.
His passion for film and media music developed when he moved to London. Training at the LCCM, Paul followed a three year degree in Music Performance and Production, specialising in Audio and Visual Synchronisation in his final year. Throughout the three years Paul has studied every scenario related to music composition within film, television, video games and advertisement.
Paul is currently teaching Music at St Anthony’s School, Hampstead. He tutors saxophone privately. Manages a function band, organising and working with a number of different artists. He is also working on a number of different Film and TV projects.
The travel cost of the lessons are for lessons in London. If a students decide to cancel 24 hours before the lesson, 50% of the fee will have to be paid and if the student cancels on the day of the lesson the full fee has to be paid, unless the cancellation was because of a frustrated event (force majure).
Paul Sebastian Saliba
Education & Certification
01/09/2012 – 17/07/2015
London Centre of Contemporary Music – BMus in Music Performance & Production
• Year 1 modules: Instrumental Studies, Professional Performance, Composition Arranging & Analysis, Harmony and Theory.
• Year 2 modules: Instrumental Studies, Professional Performance, Composition Arranging & Analysis, Harmony and Theory.
• Year 3 modules: Harmony and Rhythm, Composition Arranging & Analysis, Audio & Visual Synchronisation.
20/09/2010 – 31/07/2012
Computer Domain (Malta) – BTEC Higher National Diploma in Computing
• Computer Platforms, Networking Concepts, Systems Analysis, Quality Systems, Programming Concepts, Data Analysis and Database Design, Database Design Concepts, Supporting NOS, Networking Technology, Personal Skills Development, Networking Infrastructure, Project Management, Internet Server Management, Management in IT, E-Business Strategy.
01/10/2007 – 20/06/2009
MCAST Institute of IT (Malta) – BTEC National Diploma in Computing
• Language & Communications, Business Information Systems, Computational Methods, Communications Technology, Computer Systems, Website Development, Introduction to Software Development, Software Applications, Computer Hardware, Network Design & Administration, Data Communications & Networks, End User Support, Website Management, System Specification & Justification, Multimedia Technology, Networking System Project.
01/09/2012 – Present
Studied with some of the best saxophonists in the industry, including: Chris Bullock (Snarky Puppy), Dave O’Higgins, Leo Richardson, David Lewis & Chase Baird (Circuit Kisser).
01/09/2017 – Present
Head of Computing, Music Teacher & Games Support – St. Anthony’s, Hampstead.
• Lead, support, motivate and direct support staff working within the department.
• Oversee all aspects of the department organisation and management, in order to ensure that school policies and practices are being delivered.
• Evaluate pupils' progress, achievement and attainment, and report to the Deputy Heads on a regular basis and contribute fully to the Annual Report and SEF.
• Work with the SEN Department to ensure that every boy is able to access the curriculum and make progress in line with his ability.
• Monitor the standards of behaviour and achievement across the department.
• Liaise closely with other curriculum co-ordinators to ensure continuity and progression through each year group and the transition between the Junior and Senior House.
• Co-ordinate and oversee the organisation of school visits and extra-curricular activities within the department.
• Managing the school’s ICT equipment, including the use of and security of laptops and iPads.
• Assessing the technological needs of the school to support its education and anticipating future needs.
• Managing pupil access to the network: setting up files and allocating passwords in association with the school’s DSA.
• Managing the learning platform and contributing to the website;
• Providing a single contact point for the on-site engineer in managing the IT support needs of the staff.
• Identifying the IT-related training and development needs of educational staff.
• Championing the effective, value-added use of technology in the classroom.
01/09/2016 – 31/08/2017
Class Music Teacher and Games Support – St. Anthony’s Hampstead
• Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups & individuals.
• Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet pupils learning needs.
• Secure a high standard of pupil behaviour in classroom.
• Identify pupils who have special educational needs.
• Design and adapt long, medium and short-term plans for all schemes of work taught.
01/07/2012 - Present
Freelance Composer, Session Musician and Music Tuition.
• Teaching Saxophone and music theory privately.
• Session Saxophone player with some of London finest bands.
• Band manager for MK & the Misters.
• Director & Founder of LUKS Entertainment.
• Composed and recorded music for a few short films.
• Sound design for feature film ‘Dana Dana’ (Pearl Pearl).
28/03/2011 – 24/08/2012
Technical IT Support Officer – FIMBank Malta p.l.c
• General first line of technical support to the group & escalating when required.
• Daily operational procedures & checklists (bank software & other software used).
• User account management for shared services systems.
• Setting up new users & relocation of existing users when required.
• Assisting senior team members.
01/06/2009 – 23/03/2011
IT Support Officer – Primebet International Ltd, Malta
• Daily IT Support tasks.
• Online betting operations & maintenance.
• Fluent in both Maltese and English, as well as good comprehension of the Italian language.
• Good communication skills gained from my work experience working with people from different background and knowledge.
• Well-organised person who can adapt to any situation that might come up during work.
• Logic Pro X
• Windows 10 and Office Suite.
• Garage Band
• Filmora Video Editor
• Composer for Film & Media.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music theory lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music lessons for all!
Taking music early learning activities - for children lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|