I have a very flexible and adaptable teaching approach with a varied methodology and am able to facilitate learning either on a 1-1 basis, in small groups (6-12) or to present knowledge to larger groups as is appropriate. I adapt my style and methods to my delegates and like to encourage interaction and discuss with exercises and activities especially in small groups.
I am a qualified teacher trainer and mindfulness facilitator helping people to develop their skills and abilities to help with various job roles in both public and private sector organisations. These have included communication skills assertive behavioural skills, minute taking, customer service , team development managing stress and meditation
Travel costs will be charged at 0.45p per mile.
2016 – To-date Barnsley College Assessor, for Lev 3-5 Cert-Dip Leadership in Health & Social Care
2012 - 2014 York City Council Training Centre
Full Time Work
2003– 2016 –Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust – OD Support Staff Learning & Dev Manager
2000 – 2003 - National Police Training Centre - NVQ Centre Manager
1998 – 2000- Selby College - Course Manager and Lecturer
1995 – 1998 - Self Employed Contracts
1976 – 1995 - Full Time Work - Yorkshire Electricity Grp plc (YEB) (FTSE company)
Events Manager / Shares Enquiry Supervisor / IT Trainer / Customer Administrator
• Assessing or verification of Management, Business Admin, Customer Service, NVQs for SME as part of a SFA contract with local training providers
• Acting as a simulated patient for the junior doctors’ final exams University of Leeds, Hull and York medical service.
• Deputy Team leader (Tearfund) working in Ghana West Africa building a nursery school.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Training Courses Undertaken
• Mindfulness Based Living Teaching Programme, MBSR Training
• Dementia Awareness Champion
• Psychometric Analysis Training,
• Resilience Training
• Microsoft Office Packages Level 2/3
• Return on Investment Course (ROI)
• Statutory and Mandatory Training programmes applicable to NHS and Colleges i.e. Safeguarding /Information Governance First Aid, Fire Safety, Hand Hygiene, FGM, Prevent,
• Msc in Mindfulness – Univ of Aberdeen
• Return on Investment (ROI) Certificate Level 4
• BA Hons Mentoring in an Organisational Context Level 7
• Post Graduate Diploma in Evaluation and Training - Univ of Hull
• Post Graduate Diploma in the Management of Training & Development - CIPD
• Certificate in Education - Univ of Huddersfield
• Certificate Teaching in FE - City &Guilds
• Diploma/Advanced Diploma/ Certificate in Admin Management - Inst AM, Univ of Hull
• A1 Assessors Award Level 4 Edexcel
• V1 Verifiers Award V1 Level 5 CIPD
• D32/ D33 D34 D36 Assessors / Verifiers and APL Advisor Awards
• Mental Health First Aid Award
• Numeracy and Literacy Functional Skills Level 2
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
• Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, (CIPD)
• Mindfulness Association
• Institute of Administrative Management
Whilst working for the NHS I designed and delivered courses in personal development for support staff including business and admin skills, mindfulness and behavioural skills, Transactional analysis, resilience and Managing stress.
meditation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest relaxation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anger management lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|