My teaching techniques are:
(1) Case Law Technique- I describe the facts and issues involved in landmark judgments from various subjects and ask the students to argue the case from either side and also predict the judgment. After their prediction, I describe the actual verdict delivered by the court and ask students to compare the actual verdict with their own prediction which leads to a critical and comparative analysis of the judgment.
(2) Problem solving
(3) Illustration based study
(4) Class and Home Assignments
(5) Question papers solving
(6) Flip Classroom Method
I prefer teaching in the interactive mode and encourage group discussion and clearance of doubts during the lecture. I also use the Socratic lecture method for a brief duration in every class which consists of starting off with the history and background of an issue/area/topic, the existing laws regulating the issue, a detailed analysis and discussion of the lacunae in the area/topic and my suggestions/recommendations about the same. I also encourage students to think about their own solutions to a particular legal issue by allowing them to speak freely in the classroom without inhibitions about public speaking.
Sometimes, I also use the Flip Classroom Method wherein I handpick 1-2 students to come prepared on a topic for the next lecture and on the day of the next lecture, I ask them to start off the class by teaching the entire class about their understanding of a particular area/topic/issue of law as they may have read based on my instructions given in the previous lecture. This helps students to clear their doubts and misconceptions about a topic as they face questions during the class from fellow classmates and are compelled to think about their own solutions impromptu about the issue. In the process, in-depth study of a topic happens in the class itself.
I am an Assistant Professor of Law with 10 years of teaching experience. I specialize in International Law and also teach Constitutional Law, Civil Law, Criminal Law, Commercial Laws, Information Technology Laws. I have also taught pre-law papers such as Legal and Constitutional History, Legal Methods, Organizational Behaviour, Principles and Practices of Management, Human Resource Management, Economic Development of India, Law and Economics
700 per hour for online classes through skype for LLB/LLM entrance exam, LLB/LLM course tuitions, judicial services exam preparation, coaching law to executives and professionals
1000 per hour in case of travel to student's preferred location
CURRICULUM VITAE- PRITAM GHOSH
Academic Qualifications (in reverse chronological order)
Pursuing PhD in Private International Law from Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Qualified UGC-NET in December 2014 and secured All India Eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor of Law with 60%
Obtained Master of Laws (LL.M.- General) in 2010 from the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata with 69.78%
Obtained B.B.A. LL. B. (Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws) in 2008 from Symbiosis Law School, Pune with 63.4% (1st Class)
Completed 12th Standard (ISC Board) in 2003 with 86% (Gold Medallist of Humanities stream) from Sri Aurobindo Institute of Education, Salt Lake, Kolkata
Completed 10th Standard (ICSE Board) in 2001 with 80% from Calcutta Boys’ School, Kolkata
Organizational Experience (In reverse chronological order)
Assistant Professor of Law at IFIM Law School, Bengaluru (Affiliated to Karnataka State Law University)
1st August 2017- Present)
• Subjects Taught- Constitutional Law, Indian Penal Code, Company Law, Administrative Law, Criminal Procedure Code
• BBA Papers- Economic Development of India
• Course Type- 5 years integrated BBALLB
• Organized the Intra-moot court competition of the law school in September 2017 and September 2018
• Chief Contact Point for the IFIM ILSA (International Law Students Association) Chapter at IFIM Law College, Bangalore.
• Faculty Coordinator of the Moot Court Society (MCS)
• Faculty Coordinator of the Literary and Debating Society (LDS)
• Head of the Centre for Excellence in International Law and Human Rights (CEILHR)
Assistant Professor of Law at Ramaiah College of Law, Bengaluru (Affiliated to Karnataka State Law University)
(August 2015- July 2017)
• Subjects Taught- Elements of Research, Legal Research-II, Jurisprudence, Right to Information
• Course Type – 5 years integrated BALLB
• Administrative Responsibilities- Placement and Internship Coordinator, orientation and training for internships and placements, career counselling
• Organized campus placements, State level workshop on Corporate and Investment Laws, State level workshop on Issues in Medical Litigation
Assistant Professor of Law at School of Law, Alliance University, Bengaluru
(July 2014- July 2015)
• Subjects Taught- Public International Law, Private International Law, Company Law, International Trade Law, Contracts-II
• Course Type- Compulsory (LLB), International Law (LLB Hons. Specialization)
• Administrative responsibilities- Faculty Advisor of Law Journal Committee
• Organized and coordinated a national legal essay writing competition on “Social Justice and Public Empowerment” in collaboration with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai
Legal Research Editor at LexisNexis Butterworths Publications, Gurgaon
(March 2013- June 2014)
• Content Review and Content Development of Law Books
• Extensive Research on Constitutional Law, International Law and Criminal Law
• Liaisoning with authors
• Working with the editorial team within a set pattern of work and strict timelines.
Assistant Professor of Law at School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar
(July 2011- February 2013)
• Subjects Taught- International Criminal Law, International Humanitarian Law, Contracts-II, Indian Penal Code, Comparative Criminal Procedure, Corporate Crimes
• Levels taught- Undergraduate and Postgraduate (taught) programmes
• Course type- Compulsory (LLB), Criminal Law (LLB Hons. Specialization), LLM
• Administrative Responsibilities- Hostel Superintendent, Member of Library Committee, Faculty Coordinator and Supervisor for various Seminars/Conferences/Workshops
• Prepared Syllabi and Study Materials for all subjects taught
Assistant Legal Consultant at Rajaram Chavan Real Estates Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai
(September 2010- June 2011)
• Drafting and vetting of development agreements, power of attorney agreements, conveyance deeds, Agreement of Sale, Tenancy and Leasehold agreements etc.
• Drafting and vetting of loan agreements with banks and other financial institutions
• Extensive study and research of insolvency laws, insolvency proceedings, debt recovery laws and debt recovery tribunal proceedings for corporate bodies.
• Handling police complaints at nearby police stations.
• Visit to local land records and sub-registrar’s offices to obtain copies of 7/12 extracts etc.
• Visit to the Bombay High Court and other district courts to follow up on ongoing proceedings
• Briefing advocates on new matters and also reporting about latest developments in ongoing matters
• Drafting legal notices, police complaints etc.
Judging national and international level competitions
(1) Graded Memorials for the National Qualifying Rounds of 6 countries as a part of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, 2018
(2) Judged the Memorial Rounds of the “4th NLU Odisha International Maritime Arbitration Moot Court Competition, 2017” organized by NLU Odisha in March 2017.
(3) Judged the “1st and 2nd APJ Abdul Kalam International Socio-Legal Film Making Competition, 2017” organized by Pro Bono India, a Gujarat-based NGO headed by a graduate of GNLU, Gujarat in May & October 2017
(4) Reviewed conference research papers submitted for the national conference titled “Digitization of the Indian Legal System: Challenges and Prospects” organized by LegalDesk, a Bangalore based startup in early 2017
Editorial board member of three national level law journals (Forthcoming in 2019)
Recipient of the HENRY DUNANT MEMORIAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP IN INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW, 2010 from the International Committee for the Red Cross (ICRC), New Delhi, India for achieving excellence in LLM Dissertation at the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS, Kolkata).
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
LL.M. Dissertation published as a book on International Human Rights Law titled “Prevention of Torture on Detainees by Armed Forces Personnel: Global and Indian Perspectives with Special Reference to Efforts of International Organizations” (Lambert Academic Publications, Germany)
• Paper titled “Teaching and Research of International Humanitarian Law in Asia: Efforts, Issues and Prospects” published in Asian Journal of Legal Education (The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, WBNUJS, Kolkata in collaboration with Sage Publications, New Delhi)
• Paper titled “Liability of Internet Service Providers for Online Defamation in India” published in Computer and Telecommunications Law Review (Sweet and Maxwell Publications, UK)
• Paper titled “Cyber Attacks in the post-9/11 era: Perspectives on Non-State Actors and Transnational Armed Conflicts” published in International Law Journal of London, UK
• Paper titled “Public Interest Litigation in India: Judicial Activism or Judicial Overreach?’´ published in International Journal of Research (UGC Recognized International Journal)
• Paper titled “Prisoner-of-War Status in the post-9/11 era: Need to Amend the Laws of War in the Context of Transnational Armed Conflicts” published in International Journal of Research (UGC Recognized International Journal)
(1) Prepared a compilation of research materials on Energy Law for the International Energy Conference 2016 organized by Trans-India Law Associates, a law firm based in New Delhi in April 2016. The compilation was published in the conference brochure titled “Energy for All”.
(2) Participation and Research in the “Access to Justice Project” of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in 2007 as a member of the Centre for Legal Aid and Legal Literacy (CLALL) of Symbiosis Law School, Pune. As a part of the project following things had to be done:
(a) Collaboration between the CLALL and Human Rights and Law Defenders (HRLD), A Pune-based NGO working in close association with UNDP.
(b) Survey across the district courts of Maharashtra, Bombay High Court, Motor Accident Claims Tribunals (MACTs)
(c) Finding out the number of pending cases of motor accident claims and criminal complaints
(d) Finding out the reasons for delay in the final resolution of all such cases
(e) Interviewing judges, litigants and advocates at the courts and tribunals
(f) Preparation of interview and survey reports and case analyses with personal suggestions and recommendations
(g) Submission of all such reports to the State Government, HRLD and UNDP for further steps to be taken to address the issue.
Attendance and Presentations in National Conferences/Seminars/Training Programmes
• Panelist in the National Seminar on Consumer Rights Awareness organized by the Centre for Excellence in Consumer Protection Laws, IFIM Law School, Bangalore in March 2018
• Presented a paper on Refugee Law titled “The Illegal Migrant and Refugee Status Dilemma- A critical analysis with special reference to the Rohingya Muslims in India” at the National Seminar on Contemporary Legal Issues organized by School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore in January 2018.
• Moderated a Panel Discussion on the Uniform Civil Code titled “Uniform Civil Code: An Endeavour towards Gender Equality” held at IFIM Law School, Bangalore in October 2017
• Attended a Three Days Bridge Course Training Programme on “The Right to Privacy and Media Laws” organized jointly by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore in May 2016
• Attended a two-days’ workshop on “Inter-relation of Energy and Climate Change” organized jointly by the Centre for Sustainable Development (CSD), Bangalore and Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore in February 2016.
• Attended a Three Days Bridge Course Training Programme on “Rising Medical Litigation: Possible Solutions” organized jointly by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore in October 2015
• Attended “One Day Training Programme on Human Rights” organized by KIIT School of Law, Orissa in February 2013
• Attended a two-day Seminar titled “Prison Management and Human Rights” organized jointly by KIIT School of Law, Orissa and National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in February 2012
• Attended a Three-Day Seminar titled “Teacher’s Training Programme on International Humanitarian Law: Applicability of International Humanitarian Law” organized jointly by the International Committee for the Red Cross (ICRC) and The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS) in November 2011
• Attended a One Day Seminar on “Overview and Prospects of International Humanitarian Law” organized by the International Committee for the Red Cross (ICRC) in September 2009 at The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES/ORGANIZATIONS
• Distinguished member of the International Council of Jurists, London, UK
• Expert panelist and mediation trainer for the Mediation and Conciliation Network (MCN), India, a registered international organization of mediators and conciliators which is a subsidiary of the Federation of Integrated Conflict Management (FICM), New Delhi, India
• Member of Jessup Friends Network, an international association of judges for the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
• Empaneled Honorary Consultant for Trans-India Law Associates (TILA), a corporate law firm based in New Delhi specializing in the areas of energy law, labour and employment laws, corporate and commercial laws etc.
• Panelist, reviewer and examiner at JRTC Consultancy Pvt. Ltd., a recruitment consultant agency focusing on preparing students for placements and conducting online placement assessment tests for recruitment in law.
• Life Member of All India Law Teachers’ Congress (AILTC)
LANGUAGES KNOWN- English, Bengali, Hindi
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY- Good knowledge of all basic system and application softwares including MS Office and legal research databases such Manupatra, Westlaw, LexisNexis, HeinOnline
labor law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest graduate diploma in law lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, bar professional training course lessons for all!
Taking preparation for lpc lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|