- Hourly rate £40
- Response Time 3h
- Number of students 50+
Pronunciation Coach can help you reduce your accent and develop a more RP accent.
- By webcam
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Peter will be happy to arrange your first Business English lesson.
About the lesson
Do you want to reduce your accent, speak more clearly, improve your fluency and be more easily understood?
Through this unique Language Coaching approach we will create an entire learning process based on your pronunciation goals, your learning style and 100% personalized so that you get the most out of the learning experience. This method puts YOU in the driving seat of your own learning with me guiding you to reach your pronunciation goals.
We typically start with the vowel and consonant sounds which are most difficult for you and work on the articulation. Then, once they've been mastered, we move onto other aspects of pronunciation such as connected speech, intonation, stress and rhythm. I give regular feedback throughout the sessions which really helps you to make improvements.
Contact me now to book your free goal setting and assessment session.
I am also available to help you with Business English, General English, IELTS, Cambridge exam prep or other English language related needs.
- Business English
- Accent Reduction-English
- A Level
- Adult education
- Qualified NeuroLanguage Coach by the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
- CELTA and DELTA teaching qualification.
- 10+ years of experience as a language trainer working in companies, language schools and as a private tutor.
- Helped learners with various learning needs including: confidence building, accent reduction, English for meetings, emails, presentations, exam preparation (IELTS, FCE), TOEFL), error reduction and many more.
- Lived in Europe, Latin America and Africa and I have worked with clients from over 20 different countries
- Speak Spanish, Polish, and Swahili.
NeuroLanguageCoaching is a method created by Rachel Marie Paling and accredited by the ICF (International Coach Federation).
Perfect! During my two months working with Peter, I have discovered an entirely new way of learning. He is not a regular teacher that shows up in the class with a set of predefined lessons, but rather, he guides you through a self-discovery path that is gradually adjusted to your specific needs.
I am a Spanish speaker who has lived in the UK for 12 years, so my communication mistakes are hardened. Changing them is not an easy task, but Peter helps me create methods to find my way to overcome them.
If you are serious about improving your English, you should go with Peter. You will not regret it.
- Peter's response : Ruben contacted me as he was curious about learning through a more Coaching based approach. He wanted to soften his accent, as well as improve his oral and written expression. We've been working on the voiced /d/ and unvoiced /t/, which for many Native Spanish speakers is very challenging. Through me modelling the sound for him and through Ruben's own practice he's made a huge transformation and is now able to pronounce both sounds correctly and is even able to self-correct. He has made some big improvements with his pronunciation and is much more confident with his oral and written language skills. I look forward to continuing to Coach Ruben and guide him on his journey of self-discovery with the English language.
Perfect! Peter is a great tutor. He's very patient. He meticulously works with you. He identifies all the problems in your pronunciation, and then he develops a road map together to improve yourself. His strong point is that he directs you to identify your weak points by yourself. By doing so, you are not only correcting yourself for that particular instance, but also you're correcting your pronunciation forever. It stays with you. As a result of his approach, over time I did so much progress that I could not do by anyone else or on my own by self-studying. I strongly recommend anyone to work with Peter.
- Peter's response : Volkan contacted me to soften his accent and improve his overall pronunciation. He was pronouncing many vowel and consonant sounds with his Turkish accent and we've been working on correcting this. He's now starting to develop a more RP accent and pronounce many of the common words he uses every day more clearly and with the right articulation. He's benefited greatly from the more coaching based approach which has helped him to develop self-awareness, self-correction and become a more autonomous learner.
Perfect! Excellent teacher, patience and helped me a lot to gain confidence to speak English.
- Peter's response : Solenir is from Brazil and she contacted me to help her to develop a more RP accent and to be understood better at work. Through the language coaching she discovered so much about how the vowel and consonant sounds are pronounced. Her awareness increased and she started to be able to identify the different sounds. She also learnt how to produce the (often difficult) 'th' sound in English. Another big learning she had was to start to use her ears more and not her eyes when reading English. She made great progress and was a joy to coach!
Perfect! I benefit a lot from lessons with Peter. He has really helped me with articles and pronunciation. I like his individual approach and flexibility. He adapts every theme to my needs. He also supports me to find the best techniques to memorise and start using what I have learned in my everyday speech.
- Peter's response : Maria is from Russia and contacted me to help her to improve her grammar and pronunciation. She has particularly benefited from the most coaching based approach and massively improved her use of the articles (the, an/a). We have also been working on some vowel and consonant sounds she finds difficult and she has benefited a lot from the exercises and practice she's done with me. She's an excellent independent learner and has really been a pleasure to coach.
Perfect! Peter is a rare find because he is a professional and expert in his field. He uses something similar to the Socratic Method of teaching, which is truly masterful and unique. Peter's patience & encouragement makes the lessons pleasant and something I always look forward to doing on a regular basis.
- Peter's response : Jonathan is a native US American who contacted me to develop a British accent. He has thrived in the Neuro Language Coaching approach and I've been really impressed with his ability in just a month of working with him to switch between his US accent and the British English he is aiming for. He's benefited a lot from the exercises we've been doing. He's a joy to coach and it's been a great pleasure helping him.
Perfect! Peter is an extraordinary English teacher who is second to none in building confidence in language. He is fantastic at linking and growing vocabulary, providing insight into structures in an organic way. I’ve made vast improvements with him and couldn’t recommend him more highly!
Perfect! I approached Peter because I was stuck with my IELTS writing score. After my first session with him the way he guided me, I got assurance that he’s perfect coach to improve my skills. I always used to look forward to his classes. He was always on time and patient with me and my mistakes and also flexible with my schedule. After sessions with him, my confidence has gotten so well which needed work the most. My writing has gotten better too and I am close to getting the score I want!! This confidence level is what I wanted and Peter made sure that I get that. Thank you Peter! Highly Recommended !!
- Peter's response : Dhruvi asked me to give her Language Coaching to help her to improve her IELTS writing. She had taken the test twice already and didn't get the desired score. The transformation from session one to the last session I had with her was quite remarkable. I coached her to drastically reduce her traumas of stress she had developed from her previous attempts by helping her to implement the right strategies to reduce her stress, improve her time management and also greatly improve the quality of her writing. She made huge progress and ended up feeling less stressed, more confident and relaxed when taking the test.
Perfect! Peter is a fantastic coach, and delivers a truly personalised experience depending on your requirements. I have noticed an immediate improvement (which has also been commented on by my colleagues) and I couldn't recommend him enough!
- Peter's response : James is a joy to Coach. Although he is a native English speaker, he's wanted to improve his communication skills and he's been making excellent progress. It's such a pleasure to help him to reach his learning goals!
Perfect! I have nothing but good things to say about Peter's method of teaching. He's been really patient with me and always able to bring my focus back to the drawing board. He would aim to adapt his teaching method around my learning style to ensure that I am meeting my goals. I would also like to mention that his coaching style is really impressive! It's been an amazing learning experience and I can't wait to progress to the next level.
- Peter's response : Jane came to me to improve her writing skills for her work emails and reports. She made huge improvements throughout the coaching sessions and her improved writing skills helped her to become more efficient at work.
Perfect! Peter is an excellent teacher. Always on time, patient and present. He adapts the lessons to my needs. I was impressed how quickly he shares the handouts and material that we go through in the class. I find very helpful the recordings of individual words that are challenging to pronounce - he sends them straight away to my WhatsApp. That makes it easy to re-listen and practice in my own time.
He see him dedicated to his work and passionate about what he's doing.
Perfect! I very much like the lessons with Peter. He keeps interests and needs of a student as a priority. Peter managed to develop a programme that perfectly meets my highest expectations. His teaching style is really great: he comes up with new exercises every week, so I do not feel bored. I have only one lesson per week, yet I feel progress in terms of expanding my vocabulary and most importantly pronunciation. I can highly recommend Peter as a good teacher and person. Communicating during times of Covid-19 lockdowns has an absolutely new value. Thank you, Peter!
- Peter's response : I've really enjoyed teaching Anna. For someone who hasn't lived in an English speaking country, her English is outstanding and is continuing to improve with me. Keep up the good work Anna!
Perfect! I contacted Peter as I was looking for a tutor to help me improve my IELTS (International English Language Test) score. Peter helped me understand how I can enhance my writing and speaking skills so as to achieve a minimum 7.5 band score in each section. He provided me with lots of ideas and resources and now I feel much more comfortable to take the exam again.
I highly recommend Peter for those who want to achieve a high IELTS band score.
- Peter's response : I've really enjoyed preparing Konstantina for her IELTS exam. She's improved a lot since the first lesson and is showing signs of continuous improvement in both her speaking and writing skills. I am very confident that she will get the 7.5 score she wants with the preparation we are doing.
Perfect! Great tutor. Thank you for all your time and help.
- Peter's response : It was a pleasure to teach Gareth and to help him improve his fluency, speech clarity and pronunciation.
Perfect! I strongly recommended Peter.
he is professional and always on time.
He helped me a lot with my writing skills
I learned a lot from his feedback.
- Peter's response : I enjoyed teaching Celine. She was interested in learning from her mistakes and nice to teach.
View more reviews
Peter was the best english teacher for me. I learned a lot when I was in his class. I think that his methods are adequate and you really can learn english very fast.
He es a great person and a great teacher.
Peter is responsible and he always looks after his friends and students. He does his best and he is also very experienced, he has been teaching for years and he is very passionate about teaching.
Peter, He taught me grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, phrasal verbs and he gave me a lot of confidence to speak English and is very patient and his classes are entertaining.
Peter is an excellent teacher and I really recommend taking classes with him. He's the best language teacher I have experienced. He helped me improve my speaking skills so much. I had problems with my confidence and fluency and only after only a few classes with Peter I noticed my English improve alot.
I have attended some English lessons a few years ago in order to prepare my B1 Cambridge exam and Peter was my teacher. I would like to highlight that he is very qualified and his methodology always helps students to improve their English skills. I totally recommend him!
Peter is an excellent teacher in all possible ways. He helped me improve my English up to a C1 level, which allowed me to get excellent job opportunities.
I strongly recommend him as a private teacher.
I took lessons with Peter for a few months. Even though this may seem a short time, his expertise and his down-to-earth personality made me not only trust him as a teacher but also embrace the language and feel comfortable with it.
I have worked with Peter for a couple years in Salamanca. He is a great teacher and maybe even a better person. He is very good at understanding people and making them feel comfortable. He has alot of experience working with people from all over teh world, but his great ability to empathize with people is innate I think.
It is my great pleasure to recommend Peter because I only have positive things to say about him.
In addition to being very professional, he is organized and uses varied and stimulating teaching methods.
Peter is a great teacher! He is very experienced and his lessons are always fun. He is very patient and takes care to make sure you are always improving. I have learnt a lot from him. I would recommend Peter to anyone!
Peter is a great teacher. His classes are original and fun.
It was really easy to learn English with him because he has his classes very well prepared.
He is without a doubt the best English teacher I have ever had. I recommend his classes to everyone.
Peter is the best teacher I have ever had. He prepares very well their clasees and he gives very good explanations about english grammar. He is very responsible and I improve my english a lot thanks to him. I recommend him to everybody!
Peter is a good English teacher.
I recommend Peter because apart from being good teaching the lessons he made them entertaining
He has a large career as english teacher and he is great English teacher and he can be a trutworthy tutor because he has a good aknowledgment of new technologies and languages. As a colleague he is very dinamic and helpful.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £200
- 10h: £400
Discounts are available for packages.
Minimum level: A2 level +
- Between 07:00am – 10:00pm Monday to Friday
Find out more about Peter
Do you speak this language fluently because of your origins or because a teacher inspired you to learn?
Fluently because I'm British.
Can you name a living, historical or fictional character that you think is the emblematic representative of the language's culture?
I would say the Queen because she speaks in a very formal way and I think many British people and foreigners can associate the language to how speaks.
Is there a typical word, phrase, tradition or behaviour in the language that you particularly like?
Although it's not a typical word, I love the word 'Discombobulated'. Look up the meaning and try using it in a conversation. You are sure to get some laughs! In terms of a tradition or behaviour, I would say that I like the tradition of singing the song 'Auld lang syne' to bid farewell to the old year at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. Everyone joins together holding each others arms and sings. The lyrics are actually more Scottish than British but it's very joyous and people all over Britain sing it!
Why does speaking this language matter to you?
Not only is it my native language but it has enrichened my life in so many ways, especially on my travels. As so many people can speak English around the world, I've been able to connect with more people and learn about their cultures and traditions.
What is the main difficulty in learning this language and what can help the process of learning?
I don't think it's a difficult language to learn compared to other languages, however, I do think that one of the biggest challenges is to understand how to use more formal and polite language. We as Brits are very polite (probably too polite sometimes) and in many other languages around the world they don't have this formal and polite way of speaking or writing, they are more direct!
Provide a valuable anecdote related to your language learning or your days at school.
Well I remember my Spanish lessons in Spain with a teacher who just gave us grammar exercises to do for the whole lesson. Although I did learn something I just remember feeling that I just wanted to speak the language and communicate with people, not do boring exercises! That experience helped me to realize what not to do in my sessions with my learners.
How has travel or a specific trip helped you to increase your skill and knowledge of the language?
When I was in Mexico I remember speaking to other teachers of English on my DELTA course. They taught me some things about my own language that I didn't know. It was great to get input from non-native English teachers about my own language!
What makes you a Superprof in language?
In my opinion, the more traditional way people learn a language is not as effective as my language coaching approach and this really makes me a superprof because I can offer my learners something very unique which makes them learn more efficiently and really empowers them as learners. This is what makes me stand out from the rest because my learners reach their learning goals in less time and have a more enjoyable and fulfilling learning experience with me as their coach.