Is your English easily understood? Do people sometimes misunderstand you? Would speaking more clearly improve your confidence, job prospects and social life? If your answer is yes, then contact Clear Pronunciation!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
With Clear Pronunciation's help, your spoken English will sound more authentic and therefore more intelligible to others.
This can be achieved by:
Ensuring that you know how to produce the vowels and consonants of the English language correctly
Knowing when and where to stress or reduce syllables to reproduce the unique rhythm of English
Creating the characteristic melody of spoken English to communicate the message you intend to.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BA (Hons) University of Hull (European Studies)
MSc University of Surrey (Management Studies)
CELTA Cambridge (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
IPA - University College London (The International Phonetic Association Certificate of Proficiency in the Phonetics of English)
Certificate of Teacher Training (The Pronunciation Studio, London)
LAMDA Grade 8, Gold Medal in Public Speaking (Distinction)
- How much do you charge?
I charge £35 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
• Clear Pronunciation offers both one-to-one and group sessions
• Courses are designed to meet your specific objectives
• Your personal needs will be identified at a free assessment session, designed to ascertain the best way to help you achieve your goals
• Tuition can be delivered at your place of work, home or at Clear Pronunciation's offices in Leamington Spa
• It is recommended that classes are one hour long. All classroom materials are produced by Clear Pronunciation.
- When are you available?
I am available Monday - Friday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have prepared students for IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I often teach via Skype, either exclusively, or in combination with face-to-face sessions.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
The key to improving your English pronunciation is self-awareness and commitment. Clear Pronunciation can help you build your knowledge and understanding of the sounds of English and how they are produced. With your enthusiasm and plenty of practice at home, real progress can be made after only a few sessions. You can catch up with the latest news and views on pronunciation on my Facebook page @clearpronunciation.
- What kind of experience do you have?
After more than two decades in corporate communications, I turned my attentions to another key area of communication and retrained as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language. Having identified a growing need for expert pronunciation support for professionals competing in a global jobs market in which English predominates as Lingua Franca, I launched Clear Pronunciation to provide a specialist service to meet this requirement. As the international language of business, English is essential. But all too often, non-native English speakers are held back by poor pronunciation which restricts their promotional opportunities, impairs their performance at interview and prevents them from fulfilling their potential.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes I have an up-to-date DBS Enhanced Check Certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I completed my CELTA training at Warwickshire College, Leamington Spa, where I am now a part-time Lecturer. Following an intensive course in teaching pronunciation at the London Pronunciation Studio, I studied independently to attain the IPA Certificate in 'The Phonetics of the English Language' at UCL. This was followed by: 'Teaching pronunciation differently' – a course delivered by world-leading pronunciation experts - Dr Piers Messum and Dr Roslyn Young of Pronunciation Science - focusing on the articulatory approach to improving the pronunciation of non-native English speakers. In 2017, I was invited to be a moderator on 'Teaching Pronunciation Differently'.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL)
IATEFL Special Interest Group in Pronunciation (PronSig)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Some of my most recent students include professionals from Nursing, Engineering, Film, Accounting, Information Technology, Psychology, Marketing, Dentistry, Medicine and Environmental Science.
• BA (Hons) University of Hull (European Studies), MSc University of Surrey (Management Studies), CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) - Grade A.
• IPA University College London (The International Phonetic Association Certificate of Proficiency in the Phonetics of English), Certificate of Teacher Training (The Pronunciation Studio, London), LAMDA Grade 8 Gold Medal - Public Speaking (Distinction).
• DBS Enhanced Check
accent reduction-english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|