I am truly understanding, patient and can communicate with students on a compassionate and empathetic level. I can also provide a fun, supportive and comfortable environment for any individual. I have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Educational Development and I offer lessons to KS1 and KS2 level students of all abilities.
I am a knowledgeable English tutor who has 4 years higher educational and over a years’ tutoring knowledge. I currently work with numerous students daily (6+ on average) working towards their SATS and we focus on English and Maths skill.
BPP University (2017 – Current)
• MSc Psychology
Nottingham Trent University (2012 – 2015)
• BA (Hons) Psychology and Educational Development
Uxbridge College (2009 – 2012)
• GCE A Level – English Literature and Language, Politics, Sociology, Media Studies
Claremont High School (2004 – 2009)
• GCSE – 10 subjects including Maths, English and Science
Snap Care - Afterschool Nanny
January 2018 – Current
• Collecting Children from school and local activities.
• Meal Preparations.
• Ensuring homework is completed.
• Regular Supervision.
St Mary's and St John's Church of England School – Learning Support Assistant
May 2017 – Present.
• Differentiating and simplifying materials and communication to allow pupils to understand and access information.
• Ensuring students are progressing towards a successful level of their ability.
• Recording and monitoring pupil progress and reporting back to the Class Teacher, Speech Therapist.
• Conducting educational assessments and identifying problem areas.
• One to One sessions with SEND (Autism (Classic and Pre-verbal), ADD and ADHD) pupils to provide guidance in tasks - EAL/ESL included.
• .KS1&KS2 Math and English, Science and Topic.
• Managing social learning.
• Social/Interactive play and free time (I.e. Cooking and sensory play).
• Provide teaching support to the whole class and smaller groups in grammar, spelling, punctuation and overall writing structure.
• British Heart Foundation volunteer – 2014 – 2015
o Fundraising and event volunteer.
o Door to door information awareness and fundraising.
• Forget Me Not Day Nursery volunteer – 2015
o Welcoming and settling children into various play activities, such as painting, reading playing with sand and toys etc.
o Organising group activities, i.e. role-play, number and word games.
o Talking to and interacting with the children and helping children develop their skills whilst encouraging them to learn new concepts.
o Looking after children with special educational needs – ADHD and ASD.
o Reading stories to groups.
o Encouraging children to participate with others whilst maintaining a good and positive behaviour.
o Providing snacks and assisting them to eat, wash, and bathroom.
o completing paperwork, children's files and keeping records.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£24||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£105||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£205||Not available|