I give lessons for A levels students and all the years below. Looking for children who are motivated and excited to learn, through excellent interactive learning and good clear and concise explanations. The aim of every lesson is to cover a specific topic, with background information, questions and follow up to ensure that the students have fully understood
I am a Psychology student, currently in my third year of study at King's College London. I have done Biology till A levels and it also part of my current degree. I have previously taught Biology at a tutor centre for the past year!
2016 – Present King’s College London
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Psychology.
2014 – 2016 Karachi Grammar School (Karachi, Pakistan)
A-Levels (A*ABBB): Biology, Psychology, Mathematics, Chemistry and English General.
2012 - 2014 Karachi Grammar School (Karachi, Pakistan)
GCE O-levels (6A*, 3A, B): English Language, English Literature, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Pakistan Studies, Chemistry, Additional Mathematics, Islamiat and Urdu.
Professional Experience and Volunteer Work
Intern at Ziauddin Hospital (Karachi, Pakistan)
(06/2015 – 07/2015)
• Took part in numerous Speech and Language therapy sessions and interacted with patients facing speech disorders.
• Increased my knowledge in regards to speech and language disorders and their effect on people’s behaviour and everyday lives.
• Learnt skills to communicate with those suffering from these disorders.
Intern at Liaquat National Hospital (Karachi, Pakistan)
(07/2015 – 08/2015)
• Took part in routine management and counselling of pre and post-operative cardio-thoracic patients during ward rounds.
• Attended various operation room sessions, where coronary artery bypass graft and valve replacement operations were taking place.
• Active part in discussions during counselling sessions.
• Taught me to adapt to different situations, understand other people, and acknowledge and help them manage their feelings in stressful circumstances.
Secretary at Interact Club of Karachi Rotary Continental
(08/2013 – 06/2016)
• Secretary at Interact Continental, which is a branch of the Rotary Continental (NGO).
• In charge of planning and coordinating fundraising events, the proceeds of which went to many organisations throughout the year.
• More than 1000 hours of community service through volunteering at hospitals and orphanages.
• Counselled children at AAS (Alleviate Addiction Suffering), which is a private non-profit organisation in Karachi that provides treatment, rehabilitation and aftercare to children suffering from alcohol and substance addiction.
(03/2017 – 04/2017)
• Buddy/mentor to a nineteen-year-old female with autism, learning disabilities and speech impairment.
• Helping her develop social skills and become more confident in her everyday activities.
• Making schedules which included revising phonics, the first hundred words, times tables, reading and basic mathematic skills
First Year BSc Psychology representative at King’s College London
(10/2016 – 05/2017)
• Representing the first year student body of the BSc Psychology course at King’s College London.
• Helping the students interact with the academics to better the course and student satisfaction.
• Encouraging interaction with all the different students, gathering complaints and efficiently addressing the problems.
• Development of interpersonal and interaction skills.
Brand ambassador at Abercrombie & Fitch
(10/2016 – 06/2017)
• Representing the brand by providing customer service and maintaining presentation standards.
• Development of skills such as applied learning, communication, interpersonal interaction and multi-tasking.
Tutor at Learner’s Academy
(10/2017 – present)
• Tutoring Biology to GCSE children.
• Improving communication skills and ability to orally explain concepts and express ideas clearly.
• Structuring of study plans and logical arguments.
• Improved ability to listen effectively and handle questions.
Research Experience Studentship (RES)
(10/2017 – present)
• Contributing to the second year of data collection on the REACH (Resilience, Ethnicity, and AdolesCent Mental Health) study, which is a 5-year cohort study of adolescent mental health.
• Supervising and supporting adolescents completing classroom-based questionnaires.
• Observing face-to-face interviews with adolescents.
• Learning about recruiting participants and data collection, entry and storage.
• Learning about confidentiality, data protection and child safeguarding procedures.
Additional Skills and Achievements:
• Fluent in English, Urdu / Hindi and Sindhi
• Intermediate to SPSS
• Awards in Classical and Irish Dancing
• Athletics and netball school captain.
• Awards in swimming competitions
• Received the Kensett Award for attaining A* in English Language and Literature in my GCE O levels.
• Fond of drama and dance
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||Not available|