I can cater my teaching to whatever the student requires and find the best way for them to engage with the subject. I am very patient and also very determined, which are characteristics I hope to inspire in my students.
I am currently studying Psychology at the University of Buckingham. I have completed A Levels in French, English and History, and also gained a Diploma of Higher Education in French and Spanish from the University of Nottingham. I have a lot of experience with languages in particular, but I am confident in my ability to help a student with any of the above subjects.
I am currently seeking employment in Buckingham, aiming to find something that is new and challenging and in which I can make the most of the skills and qualities that I have developed through my educational and working careers. Over the past few years I have been studying and working with a view to finding the right direction to take and I have now begun a degree in Psychology, which I have a lot of interest and passion for, with the goal of finding the right career for me.
However, while I am reaching this goal I am looking to continue working in a position that is focused on relationships with people as I have greatly enjoyed working in customer service roles over the last three years and, whether it be based in the hospitality industry or something new such as retail, I am keen to remain in work that involves face to face interaction with people and in which I can make an impact on someone’s day, as this is what I have grown to take pride in.
Also, I believe that some of my strongest skills lie with languages and in customer service, and these by default have provided me with very good people skills. I have studied French from primary to degree level and also have some knowledge of Spanish and Romanian, which has improved my communication skills and given me a keen interest in different cultures, and my experience in customer service roles has also provided me with a passion for people and taking care of them.
Experience of Work
Invigilator at Littleover Community School – Littleover, Derby
December 2013 – June 2015
• Arriving punctually to the school to sign in and receive instructions.
• Ensuring the children behaved appropriately and maintained exam conditions.
• Having good preparation skills to make sure the students’ needs were catered for e.g. having extra paper to hand.
• Working within a team of invigilators to ensure that every exam was conducted as easily as possible.
Front of House Staff at Masa Restaurant and Wine Bar – Derby
September 2013 – December 2013
• Working under pressure, particularly with big events and weddings, whilst dealing with customer queries and making sure every customer is satisfied.
• Working long hours in a busy environment, which requires a consistently focused and dedicated attitude.
• Possessing the ability to work well within a team, retaining outstanding coordination and organisation skills and continual attention to detail.
• Being assigned responsibilities such as preparing the restaurant, e.g. lighting candles and setting up tables, taking orders and taking payment.
Food and Beverage Assistant at Hallmark Mickleover Court Hotel – Mickleover, Derby
April 2014 – May 2016
• Working shifts that involve arriving early to prepare the restaurant for service.
• Receiving payment and processing the cashing up at the end of shifts.
• Carrying out different tasks such as taking room service, taking orders and working on the desk, which means being the first person to greet customers on their arrival.
• Assisting in the Conference and Banqueting section of the hotel when needed.
Waitress at The Blacksmiths Loft – Derby
April 2016 – December 2016
• Running the restaurant in the absence of supervisors or managers.
• Opening and closing up the restaurant and maintaining a good level of cleanliness and organisation in all areas.
• Ensuring that all customers receive equal attention and anticipating their needs before being asked.
• Having a good knowledge of the food and drink menus to be able to respond to any customer queries with confidence.
Receptionist at Arthurs Radio Salon – Buckingham
September 2017 – Present
• Ensuring that the clients are comfortable and happy from the moment they enter the salon to when they leave by providing them with drinks and reading material, and by being generally helpful and friendly.
• Dealing with payments including vouchers, discounts, and cashing up, and ordering new stock for the use of the salon and for retail.
• Working with the online booking system PremierSalon to manage appointments so that they are at the most convenient times for the clients and the salon, and ensuring that new clients are well informed about services and prices.
• Assisting with the general upkeep of the salon by making sure that it is kept clean and organised.
• Maintaining good communication with the stylists so that every day runs smoothly for them and their clients.
Health and Fitness:
I enjoy looking after my fitness as I believe that this is essential for maintaining good physical and mental health, therefore I often go running, swimming, attend classes at my local gym, and have recently taken up a Boxing class at the University.
• In December 2013 I volunteered to assist the Front of House team for Three Counties Musical Society in their winter production, which involved assisting the elderly to their seats and showing them around.
• During my time working at Littleover Community School I attended several design and technology classes with a teacher who became disabled to help him organize his classes and help the children with their projects.
• I have recently signed up to volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Society as a befriender to visit and support people with the illness.
Playing the alto saxophone is something that I enjoyed for years. I achieved Grade 5 in Music Performance of Alto Saxophone and Grade 5 in Theory of Music. Furthermore, I attended a Jazz School for a couple of years and performed several times with this group.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|