I am a Psychology graduate at Bournemouth University from Lithuania and want to teach people Lithuanian language. I am organised and methodical in my teaching due to my experience of studying psychology. My strengths include teaching grammar with easy tips, providing reading materials, and focusing on oral practice. Because of my fun personality and various international experience, lessons will be interactive and engaging.
I have only taught my younger cousin for almost a year while he was in year 3 at school. His reading out loud has improved greatly and he learned to spell longer and more difficult words, also improved his hand-writing.
The lesson can be canceled up to 2 days before it was arranged to happen.
2016-2019 Bournemouth University, BSc Psychology (Upper Second Class)
2004-2012: Ugnes Karvelis Gymnasium (Lithuania); School leaving state examinations - Math (51/100), Biology (69/100), Lithuanian language (62/100), English language (100/100)
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
2017 (May-July): Research assistant - “Factors affecting mental distress of post-graduates”
• Duties: literature search of ‘gray’ areas, assisting report writing, data extraction table
• Skills gained: extracting relevant information and linking through themes, time management
2017 (May-July): Research assistant – “Support for a teaching book on psychology of politics”
• Duties: literature search on political topics, gathering case studies material
• Skills gained: systematic approach to data, organization of journal articles
2017 (January-July): Research assistant – “Seaside’s effect on health and well-being”
• Duties: organizing qualitative data of various events, carried out a literature search
• Skills gained: individual and team work, familiarity with qualitative data research
OTHER EMPLOYMENT AND VOLUNTARY WORK
2016 (October-present): Library Shelver at Sir Michael Cobham Library
• Duties: sorting books into shelves, helping students to find them
• Skills gained: being responsible, friendly with students
2015 (June-August): Waitress, Fortes Valley Café, Navan (Ireland)
• Duties: cleaning the kitchen, making beverages and pizzas, serving food
• Skills gained: responsibility, punctuality, fast learning
2015 (January-June): Volunteer, Light Workshop, Kaunas (Lithuania)
• Duties: crafting, cooking, and playing together with mentally challenged people
• Skills gained: interpersonal skills, good communication, became more tolerant
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
o Native language Lithuanian, fluent in English (C1), mediocre in Russian (B1)
o Introduced to brain-imaging editing programme MRIcron
o Awarded a bronze badge from Duke of Edinburgh International Award Program (2015) and a diploma from Global Talent Programme (2017)
o Over 7 years of sailing and traveling around Europe helped my cultural awareness, team work skills, dedication and motivation for goal seeking
lithuanian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|