I am very excited at the prospect of having a long-lasting impact on the lives of those that I teach. My love for teaching can be seen in my experience to date. I possess a genuine passion in the development and education of children and will do everything possible to ignite a desire to learn and to keep learning in their minds. I am someone who has the ability to hold engaging classes that capture the attention of the whole classroom, and at the same time, I have the ability to tailor my teaching to each individual student – be it so online.
I have volunteered and taught in a multitude of different settings and areas such as: schools, orphanages, and even prisons. Therefore, I have great experience in teaching an array of students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures.
On a personal level I am self-reflective, committed, imaginative, organised, and am always looking at ways in which I can improve myself. I have high expectations of myself and take my responsibility as an educator very seriously. I have taught an array of subjects before, ranging from Sciences to Languages and have an attractive style of teaching, infectious energy levels and a unique ability to connect with my students!
As an undergraduate accumulating over five years worth of teaching experience and studying a subject as pertinent and holistic as English and Drama, I have an extensive set of skills related to teaching and communication that I have gained from my experience at university and in my spare time. Namely, my public speaking, inter-personal and teamwork skills are highly developed. I have an effective management style that enforces discipline whilst at the same time encourages creativity and debate.
I am the Social Secretary of our University's Creative Writing Society as well as the Co-Artistic Director of the student-led initiative, the International Student Theatre Festival. I have also published several of my works in magazines and journals through Exeter.
As a part-time Healthcare Assistant, I have expertise in working in both a 1:1 and busy environment. I have worked in very difficult situations where skills such as patience, leadership, innovation, quick-thinking and adaptability have been greatly required. My nature and job is to care and comfort and thus working in the health industry has definitely boosted my teaching experience and abilities.
I am happy to work with students who have learning disabilities, or who need extra help, although my rate will be a bit higher, and this can be discussed privately, along with any specified support needed for the student. I also have a cancellation policy for my lessons: if you cancel the lesson less than 24 hours before the start time, you will still be expected to pay the full charge rate. These details can also be discussed more if any further clarifications are needed.
University of Exeter, United Kingdom 2018 - Present
BA English and Drama
Haileybury Imperial Service College, United Kingdom 2016 - 2018
Saint Andrews International High School, Malawi 2011 - 2016
Relevant Work Experience
NursePlus LTD, Healthcare Assistant, United Kingdom Nov 2020 - Present
• Personally acknowledged by clients’ families as the ‘preferred 1:1 carer’ due to my consistent performance at a superior level by successfully taking the initiative to commit myself to developing a more intimate carer-client relationship across numerous homes.
• Certified first-aider with a consolidated knowledge on safeguarding policies and have experience in working in emotionally and physically challenging conditions, such as assisting clients with long-term mental health conditions and performing manual-handling tasks.
• Qualified to assist clients with physical and learning disabilities and responsible for their wellbeing.
• Effectively worked under pressure to follow strict time constraints of shifts, ensuring schedules and routines are followed consistently and efficiently for clients as well as for the handover of staff.
Superprof, Online Teacher Oct 2020 - Present
• Specialised in teaching English and Drama at a tertiary level and offer masterclasses through tailored plans that I create with students according to their passions, strengths and weaknesses.
• Experience in teaching GCSE and A-Level English, Drama, History, and French.
• Experience in preparing students for entrance exams, interviews and auditions.
• Experience in teaching both 1:1 and group classes.
CoachBright, Tutor, United Kingdom Oct 2018 - Apr 2019
• Significantly helped to improve one of my tutees’ GCSE grades as well as her self-confidence, resulting in her achieving an award for her ‘Perseverance in Class’.
• Experience in 1:1 tutoring for children from disadvantaged economic and social backgrounds.
• Experience in tutoring all three Natural Sciences at a GCSE level.
• Responsible for designing specific and dynamic learning plans together with tutees and setting weekly goals, organising tests, checking homework, to help achieve their desired target grades.
Saint Andrews Int. Primary School, Assistant Teacher, Malawi Apr - July 2016 | Apr - July 2017
• Successfully directed the Pre-Nursery and Nursery’s school assembly, by helping to children learn lines, choreographing dances and rewriting songs to suit the ‘Superhero’ theme.
• Responsible for designing and leading games, activities and outings for the children, as well as liaising accordingly with parents for safeguarding purposes.
• Responsible for planning daily agendas and co-ordinating social events for children and families, developing my interpersonal and organisational skills.
Relevant Work Experience
Arkay Plastics LTD, Sales and Marketing Executive, Malawi May - July 2019 | Mar - Sept 2020
• Successfully set up and lead a dynamic sales team that was responsible for marketing health and education related products to several banks, organisations and companies across Malawi.
Haven Care Home Management, Personal Assistant, United Kingdom Jul 2019 - Oct 2019
• Responsible for administrational tasks such as but not limited to: sorting & filing documents, organising meetings and appointments, sending emails, and reviewing potential employees’ CV’s.
Positions of Responsibility
• Co-Artistic Director of the International Student Theatre Festival: responsible for organising, managing and hosting performances and overseeing the marketing and sales teams (2020 - Present)
• Creative Writing Society Social Secretary: responsible for organising social events and preparing and leading poetry workshops (2020 - Present)
• CoachBright Marketing Secretary: responsible for advertising the society across the university and managing relevant social media platforms (2019)
• Student Ambassador at Haileybury (2016 - 2018)
• Model United Nations Representative from Haileybury: refined public speaking skills by networking and debating with over 100 international students at a conference in Holland (2016)
Achievements and Skills
• Published Author in the ENIGMA Journal (2019 - Present)
• The Exeter Award: for employability achievements (2020)
• FutureLearn Teacher Training Course: for teaching English Online (2020)
• Global Excellence Scholarship: for excellence in creative writing skills (2018)
• LAMDA Bronze Award (2017)
• Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award (2016)
• Languages: English (native speaker), Gujarati (fluent), French (intermediate), Chichewa (intermediate), Italian (beginner)
• Technical skills: proficient in all Microsoft software and video-editing software such as iMovie.
• Acting, Dancing, Exercising, Reading, Writing, Cooking, Photography, and Social & Charity Work.
Ridhi has a uniquely bubbly personality, as well as a strong passion for teaching and helping others to do their best.
I would definitely definitely recommend her as a tutor because of her kind and friendly nature, and her ability to explain things in a clear and impartial manner :)
Ridhi is great with children, has a lot of patience and finds fun ways of teaching them. She has looked after my 2 girls and is a great role model. Very engaging and enthusiastic!
Ridhi has tutored my daughter 10yr old daughter in creative writing. Ridhi has an art for making children feel comfortable in their skin to bring out the best of their ideas. She is kind, understanding and challenges children to stretch themselves. Uses role play and art to provide perspective.
I recomend Ridhi to anyone, she builds confidence in children and helps them achieve their best.
Ridhi is easy going, approachable and good at explaining things. She will help you to understand what you need to know. She is kind, patient and most of all good fun.
I recommend her to you; Ridhi can definitely build your confidence in your learning...and I bet you enjoy her company.
She was a student at our school and I was fortunate enough to have her board in my boarding house.
I worked closely with Ridhi while she volunteered as an academic coach with CoachBright. Ridhi was always super prepared for her 1-1 sessions with her coachee and put in a great deal of effort throughout! Always kind, patient and great at providing helpful guidance/advice. We thought she did a wonderful job at CoachBright and therefore I am more than happy to recommend her as a tutor/coach! :)
Ridhi has a lively, energetic personality. She’s very passionate about anything drama related & will help you bring out the best of your acting skills! She’s patient and willing to go over things until you’re fully satisfied with yourself :)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|