I strongly believe that the 80/20 principle is highly effective for learning. Since everyone learns differently, my approach is to tailor my teaching style to your requirements. Whether you're a beginner or more advanced, we can assess your goals and work out a plan that suits you best.
I am a passionate, award winning ACA qualified professional with 7 years of working experience, including External Audit, Accounting Advisory and Management Consulting at a Big 4 Accounting Firm. I am also an ex-Entrepreneur, where I co-founded a Consulting firm.
I won the following academic awards:
1. Outstanding Academic Achievement Award (University of Manchester), top student in the MSc Accounting and Finance programme
2. Annual Order of Merit for Advanced Stage 2016 (MCASS), highest average mark in Greater Manchester for all ICAEW Advanced Stage 2016 examinations
3. ICAEW Financial Management Professional Stage Prize June 2016 (MCASS), top scorer in Greater Manchester
My current role as an experienced Accounting Advisor involves applying accounting rules to real world complex scenarios and teaching professionals about accounting. I have written and conducted multiple technical accounting trainings to a variety of audience, including individuals at the C-suite level, Managers, Associates / Analysts and students. I am able to explain complex accounting in an easy to understand manner and tailor my teaching style to different audiences.
I love sharing and exchanging knowledge because I believe this is how we grow as individuals.
I can teach the following topics (not exhaustive):
- Accounting principles in IFRS and UK GAAP (beginner to advanced)
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Management
- Audit and Assurance
- Principles of Taxation
I can also teach / providing coaching in other non-accounting related topics:
- Career coaching (including CV and interview skills)
- Mandarin (I am bilingual. I can help with HSK exams)
- Korean (I hold a TOPIK level 4 certificate. I can teach beginner Korean)
Apart from being an accounting geek, I have a wide spectrum of interests, including reading, investing, personal finance, languages, coding, playing the guitar / piano, HIIT workouts, trekking and I've recently picked up baking as a new hobby!
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest financial management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ICAEW lessons for all!
Taking aca lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|