My teaching method involves getting to understand my students' weaknesses and strengths. I make sure that I dedicate the right amount of time on each topic, so that they are able to increase their knowledge base and successfully improve their technical skills. I ensure that they have a clear understanding of the required concepts, and periodically review their progress over time.
I am an Aerospace Engineer - I graduated with a degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Bristol (with a high 2:1 grade). I am highly proficient in my technical and mathematical skills, and continue to exercise my skills in my daily work.
I believe that my experience in the military has provided me with the right work ethic, determination and level of responsibility to take full ownership of my role as a personal tutor.
Prior to my university studies, I completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme in Singapore, and my subjects included Higher Level Mathematics and Physics.
University of Bristol
Aerospace Engineering BEng (2019)
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Vibrations and Shocks Data Analyst | Cranfield Aerospace Solutions | March 2020 to Present
• Responsible for the analysis, assessment and formal reporting of vibration and shock data using specialist software
• Providing key solutions to enhance the vibration performance, in order to ensure structural integrity of the aircraft and their relevant equipment whilst in operation
Helicopter Control System Engineer | University of Bristol | Dec 2018 to April 2019
• Evaluated, estimated and analysed open-loop behaviour of a 3-DOF Helicopter (Quanser)
• Designed, deployed, and evaluated closed-loop controller using theory, MATLAB and Simulink
• Involved PID implementation, validation and retuning of control system in Quanser
Aerodynamics Engineer | University of Bristol | Jan 2019 to Mar 2019
• Used xflr5 software to investigate the effects of varying wing geometry (such as sweep, taper, twist) on meeting specific performance requirements for a civil aircraft
• Analysed static and dynamic stability of the aircraft by investigating its flight mechanics
Structural Engineer (FE) – Wing Torque Box | University of Bristol | Dec 2018 to Mar 2019
• Used Finite Element Modelling software (MSC PATRAN/NASTRAN) to perform a linear elastic stress analysis on a model of a metallic Wing Torque Box, in order to assess its structural performance
Aeroservoelasticity Researcher: Gust Load Alleviation | University of Bristol | Sep 2018 to Mar 2019
• Researched on how effectively an active aeroservoelastic (PI-based) control system can alleviate Gust Loads on a Regional Aircraft Model
• This involved manipulation of an aeroservoelastic model of a regional aircraft on MATLAB/ Simulink
Computational Aerodynamics Engineer | University of Bristol | Oct 2018 to Dec 2018
• Programmed an updating scheme in C++ to simulate a steady flow in which the fluid pressure and velocities were updated at multiple discrete points in real time
• Applied the concepts involved in numeric time-marching for the approximated solutions to PDEs governing fluid flow
Vibrations Engineer | University of Bristol | Jan 2018 to Mar 2018
• Investigated the vibration characteristics of a 2DOF system (a scaled-down aircraft wing) for free and forced vibrations
• Understood the role and design of a Tuned Vibration Absorber in the damping of a dynamic system
Mechanisms Designer: Wing Flap (AVDASI Wing Project) | University of Bristol | Nov 2017 to Feb 2018
• Designed a CAD Model of a flap for a small aircraft wing (wingspan of 1.5m), using a linkage system
• Worked alongside the actuation, aerodynamics and structures teams to ensure performance requirements were met in wind tunnel test
Orbital Mechanics Engineer | University of Bristol | Sep 2017 to December 2017
• Used General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT) to design, model and optimise Spacecraft trajectories around our Solar System
Platoon Drill Sergeant and Weapons Specialist | Singapore Armed Forces | May 2014 to Mar 2016
• Commanded a platoon and conducted platoon-level foot-drill lessons, physical fitness exercises, infantry skills lessons including navigation, weapon operation, and simulated attacks
• Managed the accountability, serviceability and cleanliness of 300 weapons, including detailed administration work
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£160|