My lessons rely intensively on interaction with the student and are tailored to them based on their interests, level and abilities. My goal, ultimately, is to encourage the student to actively express themselves on various topics that may arouse their curiosity and to help them gain autonomy through the process of self-correction, by building more and more complex sentences, by arguing on a given subject or situation in a well-structured and coherent manner or by expressing thoughts that on the abstract.
All my lessons mainly revolve around the practice of the four main language skills: Speaking in a monologue or in interaction with others, Listening and Understanding, Reading and Understanding and, finally, Writing. For skill-oriented lessons, the emphasis is put on meaning, coherence and fluency and important grammar points and the building towards accurate sentence-construction are fully integrated in this scheme of learning.
The first session is free and varies between one and two hours. It consists in a detailed analysis of the student's level, needs and expectations through exchange and tasks in the target language.
Finally, my aim is to provide the best possible conditions for substantial student progression by setting the stage for an effective and enjoyable one-on-one exchange in a serene and comprehensive learning environment suitable for the achievement of specific skill-based and inter-related language tasks.
I am a French native and a UK resident who has experience teaching English as a qualified teacher in secondary education in France and tutoring both French and English at primary, secondary and academic level in both France and the UK.
- Since August 2018: English and French private lessons given in the UK online and at private homes.
-July 2018: Cambridge Proficiency exam (C2) level validation
March-May 2018: Successful translation internship for the US publisher Discovery Publisher with certification for editing and partial English-to-French translation of an autobiographical book .
-October 2017- July 2018: Freelance work as a Private Tutor of English and French (France)
-March 2017: QTS awarded upon successful application (UK).
2015-2017: English teacher in a 11-15 secondary school (college (Collège Alphonse Daudet, France-full time position)
-July 2015: granting of tenure as a certified English teacher
-2014-2015: English trainee in a 15-18 secondary school (Lycée de l'Empéri, Salon-de-Provence- full time position)
-July 2014: English Teacher's qualification (Capes, PGCE equivalent)
-2013-2014: Supply teacher of English in a Catholic institution (Cours Bastide, Marseille).
-2012-2013: private tutorials given in Marseille via the French educational support agency Complétude.
-2011-2012: French Lectrice at the University of Sheffield (England).
VIOLETTE HOLT // CURRICULUM VITAE
Date of birth: 18/10/1985
Email: (concealed information)
Qualified secondary English teacher (Capes + 4 years of experience teaching in secondary schools), creative, dynamic and rigorous, I want to pursue my career in education as a Private Tutor.
Current Status: since 1 September 2017: on an extended leave from from the French National Education.
-Since September 2018: private lessons in English and French offered both online and face-to-face.
-October 2017- July 2018: French and English private lessons offered in France both online and face-to-face.
August 1, 2017 - September 30, 2017: French private lessons given in England.
September 2015-August 2017: English teacher at College Alphonse Alphonse Daudet in France. College Alphone Daudet is an 11-15 secondary school and is part of a priority education network (rep). 2015-2016 (full time): appointed English teacher for two year 7 classes, one year-8 class, two year-9 classes and one year-10 SEN class. 2016-2017 (full time): appointed Form Tutor of year-9 class and English teacher of one year-7 class, two year-8 classes, one year-8 SEN group and two year-9 classes.
Year 2014-2015: Full time English teacher trainee at a 15-18 secondary school (Lycée de L'Empéri in Salon de Provence). Appointed as an English teacher of four year-11 classes and two year-12 classes and attended 10 days of theoretical and pedagogical training delivered within the Local Authority of Aix-Marseille in Avignon.
October 2, 2013 - February 22, 2014: Full-time short-term position as an English supply teacher in a private catholic school in Marseilles. Appointed as an English teacher to two year-10 classes, two year-9 classes, one year-7 class, one year-12 class, and taught additional English to A-levels groups.
March 2014-June 2014: Private tutorials (English and French) and academic support offered through the private tutoring agency Complétude.
September 2011- June 2012: French language Lectrice at the Department of Modern Languages at the University of Sheffield - England (full-time)
-Professional literary translation: From March 2018 to May 2018, carried out the partial translation of an autobiography as part of an editing and translation internship with Discovery Publisher.
• Non-professional literary translation (poetry): During the 2016-2017 academic year, I translated a collection of English poetry from English to French. I am currently working on the translation of a second poetic work by a famous British poet.
• Professional writing: Writing of brochure texts in English used for the opening of two contemporary art exhibitions (Sheffield-2012).
Qualifications, training and academic studies
• July 2018: C2 level validation in the context of the Cambridge Proficiency exam (CPE)
• May 2018: Translation and Editing achievement certificate issued by the publishing company Discovery Publisher following successful internship.
• October 2017: Certificate of Achievement awarded by the UK-based company Developing Your Potential following an online training course entitled "Essential Knowledge of Key stage Teaching - Level 2".
• March 7, 2017: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) awarded in England upon successful application.
• July 2, 2015: granted tenure as a certified English teacher in France.
• 2 July 2014: Awarded the English Capes (the CAPES is the French national examination for teaching in secondary education)
• 2013 - 2014: preparation for the English capes written and oral exams as an external candidate.
• 2012-2013: preparation for the English aggregation exams as external candidate.
• 2010-2011: Philosophy Bachelor's degree.
• 2009-2010: Research Master 2 in English Literature (awarded with distinction)
• 2008-2009: Research Master 1 in American Literature (awarded with honours)
• 2007-2008: Bachelor's degree in English obtained with honours.
• 2005-2008: English Bachelor's degree.
• 2003: baccalaureate, literary series.
Languages and Hobbies
Languages: • English spoken and written: C2, fluent.
• Italian: elementary
Hobbies: • Writing • Translation (poetry) • Drawing • Hiking • Nature • Singing • Cooking
Mrs Violette Holt is a teacher I would recommend without a doubt for her involvement with her pupils, her professionalism and her diligence. She is trustworthy and truly effective in terms of results. Thanks to her, I have observed a real change in my child’s school life.
Violette is an excellent tutor, very professional, very patience and friendly, she is great at explaining everything
She is the best English teacher I have ever had
I enjoyed very much her lessons.
I recommend Violet because she is a super intersting theacher!! she gave me desire to progress! excellent!
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|