My teaching methodology is both student-centered and topic-centered. It includes set-work for students to complete individually in class, individual help to students needing it during lesson, set-work to do at home.
I prepare each topic according to the Syllabus, having in mind the requirements of the specific examination the group of students are aiming at. I type or print this in a Worksheet format for the student to complete in class using the set textbooks for that subject.
I am a qualified teacher with 25 years experience in teaching both Chemistry and Biology to secondary school students up to A-Level, and reaching the position of Senior Teacher and Head of Department. I have done private tutoring one-to-one for 10 years.
Mr. K. Edward L. Minah, M.A. (Lon)
I am a professional and confident individual with over 20 years of teaching experience. With my in-depth knowledge, maturity, and confidence I will be an asset to any team. I am highly competent with smart appearance, and have an excellent work ethic. I am reliable, trustworthy, and loyal. I am also willing to be flexible to suit the needs of the task at hand. I take pride in a job well done, giving attention to accuracy and details at all times. Any role I undertake, I go the extra mile to achieve my goal. Being friendly and outgoing, I have the ability to work well with my colleagues.
I am looking for a role either in adult education either as a lecturer or a tutor, or alternatively I am looking for a role in the literary media or a general administrational role. I am currently a freelance author and have recently written two books.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, digital, and written
• Flexible – job tasks, responsibilities, and hours.
• Excellent organisation skills – maintain office to required business standards and related documentation.
• Training to meet business standards in health and safety, product knowledge, and customer service.
• Using initiative – completing tasks without required supervision.
• Quick learner – easily trained, learning new skills.
Author 2008 - Present
• I am an author and have my books sold in stores in South London.
• I also sell my books from my website.
• I am currently revising my recent book as I have gained new research information and wish to add this into it.
• I am also currently in the process of writing two other books.
Supply Teacher and Tutor of University Students 1987 - 2008
At various Schools across South London
• Being available immediately to cover any absences in Schools across South London.
• Delivered the required lessons to the students and filled in the reports for the returning teachers.
• Having the ability to answer questions for the students across various subjects.
• Being flexible and open to changing schools and environments and changing my teaching style accordingly.
• Ensured standard of teaching is consistent so as not to disrupt the children’s learning.
• Freelance tutoring of university students in writing their Dissertations and Essays.
Professional Science Teacher 1973 – 2004
• Organised and prepared lessons according to the curriculum.
• Taught children from age 11-18 and adapted my teaching style according to age and ability.
• Attended and prepared for Parents’ Evenings.
• As Head of the Chemistry Department, attended senior management board meetings to ensure the smooth running and operation of the school.
• Ordered for all equipment, chemicals, books, and stationery for the Chemistry Department.
• Marked the students’ work and set additional work for students who needed more support.
• Ensured all students prepared for exams and set the questions for end of term and year exams.
• Instructed lab technicians to prepare equipment and chemicals for the lessons.
• Strict records kept of all departmental items and operations and in compliance with health and safety rules and regulations.
• Coordinated extra health education for students of the school, liaised with doctors and nurses to deliver the health education lessons, and ensured all students benefitted from the lessons.
• Organised educational trips to university chemistry faculties and chemical companies acroos the country.
Various Schools as listed
• Sierra Leone Government Education, Bishop Johnson Memorial School Freetown, Science Teacher, Sept 1957 – Aug 1963.
• London Borough of Croydon (Fairchildes High School) – Science Teacher up to GCSE, March 1973 – Aug 1974.
• London Borough of Sutton on Promotion to Head the Chemistry Department at Gaynesford High School up to GCSE, Sept 1974 – Dec 1976.
• London Borough of Newham on further Promotion to Head the Chemistry Department at Eastlea School up to A-Level, Jan 1977 – Aug 1978.
• On Secondment to do the Diploma in Education Degree at the Institute of Education, University of London Sept 1978 – July 1979.
• Dudley Education, West Midlands, Chemistry and Biology Teacher up to A-Levels at Leasowes High School Sept 1979 – Aug 1985.
• London Borough of Wembley, Chemistry Teacher Sept 1985 – Aug 1987
• Oct 1987 – July 1990 Institute of Education, Part-time, for my M.A. in Cultural History and Socio-Political Modernization.
• Oct 1978 – July 1989, Institute of Education University of London, for my Diploma in Comparative Education and Educational Developments in Developing Countries.
• Oct 1968 – July 1972 Central London Polytechnic University of London for my B.Sc.(Lon) Degree with Chemistry and Biology in Part One and Biochemistry and Physiology in Part Two Final.
• 1966 – 1968 Cambridge Post School College for my A-Levels (Biology, Chemistry, Physiology)
• 1952 – 1957 Bö Government Secondary School, (Cambridge University Overseas School Certificate)
REFERENCES ON REQUEST
B.Sc. Dip.Ed., M.A. (Lon)
My B.Sc. was in Chemistry, Biology, and Biochemistry.
My Dip.Ed. was in Comparative Education,
My. M.A. was in Education and Culture
I have taught both Chemistry and Biology up to A-Level for 25 years
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£23||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£160||£200|