Supportive and needs led depending on what information you are looking for. We can structure a lesson according to your individual requirements. Learning should be fun though and encourage people to want to learn more so I will try to inspire you in your learning about parenting in a friendly and supportive way.
I was a social worker and team leader working with children and families for eight years and have qualifications in social work, child protection and welfare and a practice teaching qualification in this. I am also studying for my masters in social work and human rights. I am a parent of a four year old and one year old.
2014-2017 Glasgow City Council Glasgow, UK
Social Work Team Leader
• Managed a team of social workers, chairing meetings, carrying out supervision
sessions, attending court and children’s hearings.
• Supervision of assessments, rotational duties as team leader of the city’s busy duty team. Child protection, liaison with other agencies including health, education and the police. Adhering to laws and legislation.
• One of the youngest social workers to have been promoted to the post of team leader.
2008-2014 Glasgow City Council Glasgow, UK
• Managing a caseload of children. Individual work with children and their families
• Reports for court, children’s hearings and other agencies as required.
• 2 years in a youth justice team undertaking probation reports, individual work with young people. 3 years in a children and families team.
2007 Families for children Glasgow, UK
Student social worker
• Fostering and adoption assessments
• Link worker with children in foster placements
2006 South Ayrshire Council Prestwick, UK
Student social worker
• Working in an older peoples team, with elderly and disabled clients
• Undertaking assessments of need and accessing services
2005 Family Mediation Kilwinning, UK
• Mediation worker
• Supporting families and children with parental contact
• Supervision of parents during contact
2005 Glasgow Caledonian University Glasgow, UK
Supporting a student with physical disabilities attend classes
Education 2019- present Gothenburg University Gothenburg, Sweden
(Working towards) Masters in Social Work and Human Rights
• Student representative
2017-2019 Folkuniversitet Varberg, Sweden
• SFI then Svenska som andraspråk 1-3
• Creating writing course in Swedish.
2014-2015 Stirling University Stirling, UK
• Post graduate certificate in Child Protection and Welfare
2013-2014 West of Scotland learning network UK
• Practice teaching qualification in Social Work
• Allows me to supervise and assess students on their field placements in social work.
2006-2008 Strathclyde/Glasgow University Glasgow, UK
• Post graduate diploma in Social Work
• Allows me to work as a social worker in the UK.
• Included two field placements.
2000-2005 Glasgow University Glasgow, UK
• M.A (SocSci) Politics Upper second class honors (2:1)
I work part time as an English language coach.
I have two online shops selling items that I make- furniture and paintings etc.
I write articles on social work related issues, as well as poetry.
Publications: “Terror Management Theory and Social Work” in Professional Social Work Magazine, UK 2020
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£11|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£55|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£110|