I believe in indivdualised learning and understanding what each and every student needs in order to succeed at the highest level. I know that everyone is different and I pride myself on listening to my students and developing a rapport to ensure fantastic outcomes.
I have extensive knowledge and understanding of delivering the Computer Science and Business UK curriculum, with over 22 years in teaching I have been Head of Computer Science, ICT and Business Studies for the past 15 year. I understand how to enable students to achieve the higher grades and I know how to engage students to be the best they can be. Having taught students from ages 7-18 and delivered outstanding results across a range of qualifications, I am able to offer support to students working towards exam, students who need a little extra input and students who are home schooled.
All lesson are per hour
KS2 Computer Science/ICT Skills - £18
KS3 Computer Science - £20
GCSE Computer Science & GCSE Business Studies - £30
Multiple lesson bookings discounts available.
A-Level Computer Science - £40
A dedicated and results-driven leader with a highly successful background in the achievement of curriculum innovation and development. Experienced in working with industry stakeholders in order to unite commerce and teaching and learning, with the primary focus of developing a comprehensive learning platform for learners to thrive. Enthusiastic, with a strong belief and determination to inspire young people to become confident, independent, “Worldwise” students.
January 2021 – Present - IT TEACHER
Dawn House Special School
• Develop and deliver a Computer Science curriculum for KS2 and KS3 based on P levels.
• Develop and deliver KS4 and KS5 Aim Award and BTEC L1 qualifications.
• Support and liaise with students and parents in a pastoral role as tutor.
• Support the school in completing risk assessments and annual review paperwork.
September 2019 – August 2020 - HEAD OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & LEADER OF TECHNOLOGY
Brighton College Dubai
• Responsibility for developing the Computer Science curriculum in a start up school from KS1 to KS4.
• Developing whole school standardised assessment recording approach to support QA, differentiate and identify key themes, supporting G&T, SEND and increasing attainment.
• Lead on whole school technology including strategy, development, policies and CPD for all curriculum areas.
• Lead on innovation development team to ensure “cutting edge” approach and KHDA inspection goals are met
• Develop, support and manage all aspects of the BYOD initiative.
• Deliver innovation extra-curricular activities inc. coding in Python, Mindstorm, Sam Labs, STEAM.
November 2018 – August 2019 - DIRECTOR OF IT
Denstone College, UK
• Responsible for developing and implementing a whole school IT Strategy. Reviewed and reported on the IT Infrastructure to ensure it is fit for purpose, effective and robust.
• Managed appropriate research and analysis on emerging technologies and trends to inform decision processes.
• Advised senior leaders, teachers and support staff on IT solutions improving quality and effectiveness of workflow.
• Managed core relationships and networked with key service providers and stakeholders inc. Denstone College Preparatory School
• Planned, delivered and supported key IT initiatives inc. new website, VLE and a one-to-one device programme. Developed and deliver ongoing IT CPD and training for all staff.
• Led the College Network Manager and IT Support Team, monitoring performance, ensuring professional development and effectiveness.
• Managed and reviewed the IT budget and future forecasting to ensure “cutting edge” use of educational technology.
• Worked with iSAMs key users to ensure that systems are used effectively and to capacity to support the whole school.
September 2014 – August 2018 - DIRECTOR OF E-LEARNING AND DIGITAL STRATEGY
Nottingham Girls’ High School, GDST, UK
• Responsibility for the planning, resource management, policy development and implementation of the e-Learning Digital Strategy across whole school from EYFS to Sixth Form.
• A member of the extended SLT, responsible for writing and implementing the ICT Strategic Plan, feeding into the Whole School Strategic Plan.
• Leading the GDST, researched, developed and implemented a one-to-one device strategy from Year 3 through to Sixth Form. Managed from conception to implementation, impact in Teaching and Learning was significant and measurable.
• Co-worked extensively with Jigsaw 24 and Apple Education to create training plans to embed and support the use of iPads in school. Training structure adopted by Apple and used nationally.
• Led the use of Firefly (VLE) across whole school for staff, students and parents.
• Line managed the Network Manager and IT Support Team, working closely with the GDST Central Services to ensure effective development of school systems. Recruiting new team members to support as required.
• Strategically identified IT needs across whole school with Finance to procure resources in line with budgets.
• Developed and delivered tailor made CPD inc. iPads, Apps, Firefly, online collaboration systems, SIMs, Clevertouch.
• Worked with departments to embed technology into the teaching, learning, SEND and assessment process.
• Led parental seminars and whole school assemblies on areas inc. Social Media, eSafety, technology in the curriculum.
• Led Computer Science at KS1 – 3 and delivered GCSE and A-Level Computer Science.
• Forged relationships with corporate organisations to enhance learning beyond the classroom.
April 2007 – August 2014 - CURRICULUM AREA LEADER ICT AND BUSINESS STUDIES
Wilsthorpe Business and Enterprise College, UK
• Led ICT and Business Studies at all secondary Key Stages, developing and refining schemes of work year on year, based on assessment and attainment.
• Raised achievement at KS4 from 43% to 96% A*-C and raised uptake at KS5 by developing the Curriculum to ensure better results.
• Conducted appraisals and Curriculum Area reviews in line with data analysis to ensure continued growth in attainment.
• Developed and implemented a “Learning Clinic” to improve the quality of teaching of learning throughout the school.
• Responsibility for Enterprise and development of the Business, Administration and Finance Diploma.
• Liaised and worked with corporate sectors to deliver Enterprise, ICT and Business curriculum targets.
• Contributed to SLT meetings to ensure Enterprise vision was delivered successfully throughout whole school
• Experienced in writing bids for the Diploma and Local Authority funding to develop a local networking website.
• Carried out interviews and assessments of new staff members. Experience in effective execution of the internal staff disciplinary procedures and the sensitive management of staff resignation.
June 2009- June 2010 - REGIONAL NETWORK LEADER – BUSINESS AND FINANCE DIPLOMA
Specialist School and Academies Trust (Secondment), UK
• Established and maintained a regional network in the line of learning, ensuring coherence within the national network.
• Ensured that all practitioners across the network had access to developing good practice, through face to face and virtual opportunities.
• Negotiated with corporate organisations to develop joint programmes of learning.
• Contributed to reporting, administration and evaluation activities as required, with the support of the administration team based in London.
September 2002 – 2007 - INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
Swanwick Hall School, UK
• Taught at all secondary Key Stages and varying abilities and employed differentiation strategies.
• Achieved excellent results in a highly successful department.
• Worked closely with the business department in delivering areas of the business curriculum and accompanied the sixth form group to the business conference held at Euro Disney in Paris.
September 1999 –2002 - INFORMATION COMMUNICARTION TECHOLOGY LECTURER
Derby College, UK
• Taught BTEC National and GNVQ programmes to a KS5.
• Developed an in-depth working knowledge of FE curriculum and gained the ability to build working relationships with students including adult education.
• Co-ordinated the GNVQ foundation programme and the BTEC National programme, which allowed me to gain a valuable insight into course development and management.
May 1998 – June 1999 - BUSINESS ANALYST
Royal Mail, UK
• Elicited requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Evaluated information gathered from multiple sources and determined true user needs.
• Proactively communicated and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyses information needs and functional requirements.
• Used company-wide requirements, definition management systems and methodologies, specifically SSADM
• Worked with the software development team ensuring that user needs were continually met.
Professional Training Courses:
● Prevent Training – Nottinghamshire Police Force (2021)
● Introduction to Occupational Therapy, Sensory Needs & Strategies (2021)
● Introduction to SLCN, Social Communication Difficulties & Strategies (2021)
● Central England College (2017-2018)
o Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
o NLP Coaching Certificate
o Mindfulness Teacher Certificate
● Digital Leaders Conferences GDST (2014-2018) – 3 times a year to network with the digital leaders of the GDST 26 schools.
● Apple Teacher Certificate (2018)
● First Aid Training (2017)
● CEOP Ambassador (2016) – National Crime Agency
● Channel General Awareness Course (2016) – Understanding safeguarding and radicalisation
● Reiki Level 2 Practitioner (2016)
● iPads in Education (2015) - Research into using one to one devices in the classroom
● A Tablet for Every Pupil (2015) – Aspects of finance and management for one to one device programmes
● Wordpress Developer Course (2015)
● National College of School Leadership (2007-2008)
o Leading from the Middle
● BETT (ExCel London)- on a yearly basis, keeping abreast of new and emerging technologies
● Graduate Teacher Programme 2002 – 2003
● The University of Derby 2001-2002
o MSc E-Commerce Management Passed Year 1 (Relinquished to undertake the GTP)
● The University of Derby 1995 - 1999
o BSc (Hons) Information Systems
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft excel lessons for all!
Taking computer networks lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|