• Finding the truth in your acting- it's not how you get there, or what gets you there, but how you 'be' there
• Strong passion for acting, training, and preparing students for stage performances
• Knowledge of script writing and drama production including directing plays and films
• Ability to motivate students to emote according to the needs of scene
• Skilled in developing body language and expression of students
• Ability to demonstrate scenes and coach students on self-expression
• Acting techniques including Meisner and Stanislavski
Freelance Qualified drama teacher with QTS for 3-18 year olds; mainstream and with special needs- and acting coach for all ages including adults. An inspirational and resourceful professional with over 20 years of entertainment industry experience including with the BBC, Disney and Warner Bros. and over 10 years of teaching experience. Accomplished in all aspects of stage and screen performance. Trained at RADA, Pinewood Film Studios and Actors’ Temple, coached in Los Angeles and London. Comfortable interacting with people from all backgrounds.
Private Acting Coach, 2006 – Present
Drama Teacher, Various Schools, 2016 - Present
Teaching from year 7 to year 13, involved in wider professional responsibilities such as extracurricular performances, clubs and school community events, made use of technical resources to create dynamic and inspiring lessons, demonstrated strong drama subject knowledge in the creation of engaging lessons.
Cover Supervisor, Various Schools, 2011 - 2016
Covering various classes including Drama, English, Mathematics, PE, Art, Citizenship, ICT, and Science, maintaining standards of good behaviour, developing a rapport with students, inspiring them to succeed.
Teaching Assistant, Various Schools and Nurseries, 2008 - 2016
Helping to encourage children to be active learners, and helping to develop social and personal skills of each individual child. Working alongside SEND and EAL students one-on-one both individually and within a classroom context, helping to build their speaking and writing confidence, and ability to understand and focus on tasks. Assisting with learning comprehension of Primary and Secondary students at mainstream and special needs schools.
Performing Arts Staff Member, Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College, 2001
Instructing teenagers aged 16-18 in extracurricular Performing Arts activities and directed production.
PGCE Drama, Goldsmiths- University of London, 2018
BA (Hons) Education (First Class), London South Bank University, 2016
BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) Performing Arts, Amersham & Wycombe College, 1999
BTEC National Diploma Performing Arts, Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College, 1997
BTEC First Diploma Performing Arts, Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College, 1995
• Acting Coaches Elisa Eliot, Art Wolff (Los Angeles); Mel Churcher, John Melainey (London)
• Auditioning for Film, Urvashi Chand
• Meisner Technique, Actors' Temple - Mark Wakeling
• Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass - Anita Dobson, Jeremy Irons, Jane Krakowski, Kwame Kwei-Armah, Miriam Margolyes, James McAvoy, Ewan McGregor, Natasha Richardson, Patrick Stewart, Richard Wilson
• On Camera Workshop, Brendan McNamara
• Sharon Harris Drama School - Sharon Harris
• London Actors Workshop
• Casting for Commercials & Episodic TV, Sue Jones
• RADA, Imagination - Ric Morgan
acting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||£30|