About the lesson
Let's talk about what you really want, and find out what help you really need. Then I will give you lessons - and other materials and tips - to help you with these things. I love to meet new people, and help them to learn and be more confident.
I am always positive and encouraging, and you can enjoy friendly and useful lessons. I am British but I know different cultures and languages.
I am a careful listener, and I keep detailed notes to help you, and to help me plan the next lessons. I use many things to help students learn: pictures, videos, the internet, conversation, things around us, books, worksheets and audio files.
- ESOL (English)
- Oral expression - English
- Written expression - English
* 20 years voluntary teaching
* 7 years paid tutoring work, plus teaching at schools and factories
* IELTS, OET, Cambridge exams, CVs/resumes, interview preparation
* General, academic, business, conversation, writing, spelling, accents...
* All levels (A1 - C2, beginners to proficiency)
* All ages (4 - 70+)
* Students from Asia, Europe, Africa, South America
Students have improved significantly in their English ability and confidence, some also gaining jobs in England, succeeding in exams or interviews, being given extra opportunities at work, or getting praise and awards at school.
* Science degree at UK university
* Language learning: Thai, French, Spanish, British Sign Language
* 20 years in Asia, with friends from all over the world
* 20 years in the UK: as a child, as a student, and as a working adult
* Professional proofreading
* Interpreting (English-Thai/Thai-English)