My preferred teaching method is humanistic in nature. I strive to ensure that all learners feel safe and included in my classroom, and that all learners have the equal opportunities to learn in an environment that is conducive to learning. I am comfortable teaching learners of all abilities and always push my students to challenge themselves and reach their potential. Teaching has always been a great passion of mine and it brings me immense joy to watch my learners succeed.
I am an experienced English teacher who is both PGCE qualified and holds a first class degree in English Language. I have successfully taught English at GCSE, AS and A-Level and have taught in Access to Higher Education (HE) classes, enabling both younger and older learners progress on to university (HE). I have some experience teaching English as a foreign language and I am soon to complete my Level 5 TEFL course.
Mobility: Full UK driving licence and access to a car
I am a motivated and resourceful English teacher with experience in both Level 2 and 3 English Language. I am flexible and reliable and have a proven track record for accommodating learners of all abilities. I have created and implemented successful lessons and resources and have executed efficient and effective classroom management.
• PGCE qualified with Distinction
• GCSE and AS/A Level English teaching experience
• English Language expertise
• Teaching experience in Level 3 Access to HE classes
• Strong English literature knowledge
• Working in challenging colleges with challenging learners
• Lesson planning and creating resources
• Effective organisation and time management
• Strong knowledge in GCSE and AS/ A-Level English Language specification
• Experience teaching English as a foreign language
*I am currently enrolled on a Level 5 TEFL course with the TEFL academy. This qualification will enable me to teach English as a foreign language.
TEFL: Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Level 5 Certificate. June 2019. TEFL ACADEMY. Grade: Pending.
Teacher Training: Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Further Education and Training, 2018-2019, Edge Hill University, Grade: 1: Outstanding. Distinction.
Batchelor’s degree: BA (hons), English Language, 2015-2018, Edge Hill University, Grade: First Class (with honours).
Level 3: 2012-2014, St John Rigby College, Wigan.
A Level: English Language: B; Psychology: C; Sociology: B.
AS Level: Business Studies: B; English Language: B; Psychology: C; Sociology: B
Level 2: 2007-2012, Byrchall High School, Wigan.
GCSEs: English Language: B; English Literature: B; Mathematics: B; Statistics: B; Geography: B; French: C; Science: C; Religious Education: A; Art: A*.
OCR National: ICT Distinction.
Relevant Employment and Teaching Experience:
Knowsley Community College: November 2018 – Present. English Language Teacher (Level 2, GCSE resits, 16-19 and 19+ adult classes).
Knowsley Community College: Teacher of English in Access to HE classes (Level 3, 19+ adult classes)
Job Description: Managed and taught 6 different classes, including 2 adult classes. I taught solo for the majority of my time here, planned lessons, created resources and marked work. Made contribution to the design of the upcoming Scheme of Work. Monitored learners’ attendance and tracked progress.
St Helens College: February 2018 – June 2018. English Language Teaching Assistant (Level 2 GCSE English Language, Level 3 AS/ A Level English Language).
Before completing my PGCE I gained teaching experience at St Helens college. I observed a variety of English lessons at both Level 2 and 3, worked with challenging classes and undertook
St Helens Star Newspaper – St Helens, Merseyside. March 2014 – August 2014.
Position and Description: Volunteer Writer/ Journalist.
Key Competences and Skills:
• Reliable, dependable and flexible
• Promote and value social and cultural diversity, equality and inclusion
• Thorough and up-to-date knowledge in my subject area
• Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of educational research and evidence-based practice
• Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of teaching techniques and technology
• Familiar with student monitoring systems, such as ProMonitor/ ProSolution
• Knowledge of Safeguarding procedures and policies
Additional Training and Development:
• Behaviour Management NQT Workshop - Secondary and Further Education
• Assessment for Learning & Progression NQT Workshop - Secondary and Further Education
• Inset CPD: Using Phonics Based Teaching in Entry Level Developing Readers and Writers
• Currently learning Spanish
(ask for details)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literacy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons for all!
Taking dissertation and thesis preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£65||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£130||£150|