I believe that learning a language should be as fun as possible. I love to share personal stories and cultural aspects with my students as I believe that getting a better understanding of the French culture is essential to motivate and enthuse language learners. I also like things to be kept organised and I adapt my lessons to the actual needs of my students.
I am a native French speaker (I was born in Lille) who is looking to share my knowledge of this amazing language! I have completed a teacher training in England and have taught French to various level in France, Wales and England.
I understand that sometimes, 'life happens' and am happy to reschedule lessons if I am given at least a 24-hour notice. If the lesson is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time, you risk being charged for it.
Thank you for your understanding. :)
SEPTEMBER 2017 - JUNE 2018
Admiral Lord Nelson School, Portsmouth (England)/Springfield School, Portsmouth (England) - Trainee Teacher
● Taught French and German to KS3 and KS4 pupils.
● Was in charge of monitoring tutees during am and pm registration periods.
APRIL 2017 - MAI 2017
Syr Thomas Jones Secondary School, Amlwch (Wales) - French Teacher
● Worked alongside the senior French teachers in the school.
● Planned lessons and taught French to pupils from Year 7 to Year 10.
SEPTEMBER 2016 - MARCH 2017
University of Lille (France) - French and English Language Assistant
● Welcomed foreign students and provided them with personal help all through the year.
● Gave French and English tutoring classes and organised group activities.
● Helped to set up official examinations required from the students.
JUNE 2015 - SEPTEMBER 2016
Artois Comm War Museum. Béthune (France) - Tour Guide
● Welcomed French and English customers into the exhibition.
● Promoted the exhibition via emails and collected personal information about the visitors.
● Organised activities and exhibition tours several times a day.
SEPTEMBER 2017 - JULY 2018
University of Portsmouth (England) – Post-Graduate Certificate of Education (Modern Foreign Languages)
Passed with a Very Good overall.
SEPTEMBER 2016 - OCTOBER 2018
University of Lille (France) and University of Portsmouth (England) - French as Foreign Language Master’s Degree
Graduated with a 1st honours.
Modules included the following : First and Second Language Acquisition, Classroom Management, French Grammar, German, Teaching Practice, Theories and Teaching Approaches
SEPTEMBER 2013 - JUNE 2016
University of Lille (France) and University of Bangor (Wales) - English BA
Graduated with a 2:1.
Modules included the following : English Grammar, Spoken English, English Literature, Science of Education, Linguistics, Computer Science, British History
Hobbies and Interests
Music : I enjoy gigs as well as to spend time listening, composing and performing music.
I play the clarinet and the piano.
Languages : I am fluent in French and English and am also competent in German. I love to learn about languages and different cultures during my free-time and am currently learning Spanish.
Sports : I enjoy running, swimming or going to the gym, as it helps me to relax for a better focus when I am in work.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|