From day one, my students notice the improvement in their abilities and overall comprehension. Each student has a unique learning style, and it’s my duty to find out what that is and adapt my lessons accordingly. Through my years of experience, I have gained the reputation to guarantee great results, and the skills to get my students to excel in a variety of subjects.
I teach students with a wide array of skill levels. Through my unique and personalized approach, my students are able to develop study habits and effective learning strategies that last. My greatest joy is watching students succeed and unlock their own potential. Contact me today to find out how I can help you achieve your academic goals.
In regards to my teaching experience, I have worked in various settings and managed to develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives, including the successful inclusion of special education students in the general classroom. I constantly strive to develop and improve cognitive and verbal reasoning to enhance learning, according to age, ability and aptitude. Being energetic and versatile, I have managed to implement creative and interactive teaching methods, which resulted in improving classroom engagement by using multimedia animation, art and visual learning techniques. Throughout my career, I have managed to create a respectful environment between parents, students and teaching staff. My dedication, inborn patience as well as my ability to work effectively with adolescents, have earned me considerable success over the years. I have constantly contributed to high academic performance, with 75% annual success rate at National Examinations, during which my students achieved top academic performance. In addition, I was awarded for taking the initiative to effectively prepare students and coordinate our participation in the annual Youth Parliament competition at a national level. Moreover, I have always challenged students to think critically and improved their knowledge by assigning demanding research projects so that they are adequately equipped for university life.
Looking to excel in a specific academic area and need a bit of one-on-one guidance from a reliable professional? Sometimes all it takes to really understand the material is a considerate instructor who knows how to teach at your pace. Having worked with students since 2005, I bring a depth of professional experience and knowledge to those who are eager to expand their minds, talents, and skills. I offer quality, personalized service at affordable prices.
The rates vary according to the students' level
Dedicated and caring Greek Language Teacher with experience in developing student-focused teaching strategies, materials and lesson plans. Demonstrated ability to accommodate various individual needs as well as the inclusion of special education students in the regular classroom.
GCSE Greek Language Teacher 09/2019
Greek School of Leeds – Leeds, UK
Founder of “My Greek Tutor”, private Greek Language Tutor (Modern Greek Language, Classical Greek, Greek philosophy, Classical civilization, Greek literature, Language courses and activities for kids)
• Provided one-on-one instruction and developed exam material in accordance with their level.
• Created relevant materials for students.
• Focused on fun and interactive learning via songs, games and active story-telling.
GCSE Greek Language Examiner 06/ 2018
School for girls- Bournemouth, UK.
• Marked accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained.
Greek Language Teacher / Online Tutor (GCSE, A- LEVEL)/ Part-time Volunteer TA 09/2018 to 07/2019
Hellenic School of Portsmouth/ The Flying Bull Academy – Portsmouth,UK.
• Fostered team collaboration between students through group projects.
• Met regularly with parents and guardians to discuss children's progress.
• Encouraged interactive learning by incorporating educational software and the Internet.
• Set up lesson materials, bulletin board displays and demonstrations.
• Took part in professional organisations and continuing education courses.
• Fostered oral language development and critical thinking skills during literary discussions.
Greek Language Teacher
Greek Orthodox School of Southampton – Southampton, UK , 10/2018- 06/2019
• Tailored lesson plans for students with emotional and cognitive disabilities.
• Reported on student progress, behaviour and social skills to parents.
Secondary Education Teacher, 10/2015 to 07/2017 (Academic Writing & Creative Writing)
– STUDY TIME Education Centre • After School Education Program, Athens. Greece
• Developed and implemented lesson plans according to official annual curriculum and prepared students for National Examinations
• Constantly contributed to high academic performance - 75% of students achieved academic excellence at the end of year
• Adjusted lesson plans for students with learning/communication disorders and worked closely with Speech-language therapists
• Successfully integrated technology in learning and interactive teaching which instilled enthusiasm for learning
Private Tutor Secondary Education, 07/2013 to 10/2015
(Classical Greek, Latin, Greek Literature, Creative Writing) – Athens, Greece
• Provided one-on-one instruction to secondary school students and developed exam material in accordance with their level.
• Improved language skills while encouraging students to think critically.
• Identified individual learning needs and kept parents abreast of their progress.
Senior High School Teacher, 10/2012 to 06/2013
General Senior High School of Koroni – Koroni, Greece
• Awarded by Youth Parliament for initiating and coordinating school participation in annual competition.
• Promoted research and knowledge through projects and group assignments, such as “Gender Differences in adolescents”.
• Improved student's analytical skills by introducing state-of-the-art computer programme technologies.
Senior High School Teacher (Ancient Greek, Greek Literature), 09/2006 to 06/2011
6th Vocational School of Athens, 9th Secondary School of Athens, 2nd Vocational School of Agios Dimitrios, 1st Secondary School of Moschato, 8th Secondary School of Kallithea, 2nd Secondary School of Palaio Faliro, – Athens, Greece
• Developed and implemented lesson plans, focusing on language skills for secondary education pupils
• Encouraged students to participate in classroom discussions and projects, enhancing overall learning experience
• Maintained discipline in compliance with school policies and promoted an atmosphere conducive to learning
M.Sc.: Modern & Contemporary History, 2015-1017
Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences - Athens, Greece
Thesis: “From triumph to conviction” The United Opposition in Government. 1920-1922
Grade: 9,19/10 Excellent
Bachelor of Science: Philology, 2001-2005
National & Kapodistrian University of Athens - Athens, Greece
Major in : Medieval & Modern Greek Studies
Grade: 7,13 "Very Good"
Diploma with distinction: Freelance & Feature Writing, 2017
London School of Journalism - London, UK, distance learning
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), Department for Education, United Kingdom, Date of QTS: 06/08/2017
• Pediatric First Aid/ CPD Certified/ 2018
• Child Protection Training/CPD Certified/2018
• Safeguarding Children /CPD Certified/2018
• Supporting Children with difficulties in reading & writing / University of London, UCL Institute of Education & Dyslexia International-distance learning/ 2018
• Teaching Assistant Diploma / CPD/UK/2018
• Certificate of completion in understanding English History - London School of Journalism/ 2018
• Certificate in Ancient Philosophy : “Aristotle and His Successors”/ University of Pennsylvania- distance learning/ /2018
• Certificate in Special education / annual seminar for further specialization entitled: “Contemporary topics of Special Education in Secondary Education / Department of Special Education of the University of Thessaly in cooperation with the Association of Greek Physicists/ 2008-2009
• Certificate in Linguistics Open University of Greece/ 2009
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
• Member of the Project :"Balkan Crossroads" Director: Sir David L. Philips/Programme in Human Rights and Peace Building , Columbia University, U.S/ 2017.
• Succeeded in Professional Examination for permanent teaching staff – ASEP (Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection) position 588 out of 31.000- Greece/ 2007.
• Tsourou, Dimitra. “ The evil of death.” Adelaide Literary Magazine, 17 Dec. 2018
• Tsourou, Dimitra."The philosophy of irony in Greek culture." Adelaide Literary Magazine,13 May 2018.
• Tsourou, Dimitra."Charalampos Mainemelis: Playful lyrics make creative social science." The National Herald, 9 October 2017.
• Master's Degree Thesis: "From the triumph to the conviction, the United Opposition in government, 1920-1922", Pandimos Library, Panteion University, Athens,2017
greek lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|