My teaching method is small number of groups or individual one of one tuitioning as I believe that smaller numbers allow mass knowledge to be restored at a higher level than larger groups where focus can often lack in understanding and providing full assistance to the students as a tutor
I am a recent MA graduate in History (2015) and have previously taught tutoring for free for students and friends alike. I am a passionate student of knowledge and aim to provide that for every student that is taught by me.
History Lessons vary depending on A-levels or GCSE's
GCSE: £22 per hour.
AS -Levels - £28 per hour.
A-Levels - £30 per hour
Exam and Essay prices vary upon discussion and length of time you require the service as well as the intensity and duration of the period you require that assistance for. e.g. exam prep or coursework deadline.
I do not charge for cancellations as long as we have enough notice period (24 hours).
I am a creative and a freelancer in my field so I can be open to flexibility as well as teaching in the evenings.
Contact Number: (concealed information)2
Selfridges & Co, London – Sales – Kendra Scott Brand (Temp, November 2017 – Feb 2018) – Elite Associates Agency
• Registered under Elite Associates recruitment agency to work in High-End fashion stores across UK.
• Fulfilled a multiple of sales positions within Selfridges, e.g. Thomas Pink, Denim Studios and Kendra Scott
• Worked full time as a agency representative to introduce the first launch of a well known American jewellery brand into International markets.
• Worked with a group of 5 women and 2 managers to promote the Brand
• In charge of getting sign-ups for the brand and overall asking customers for their feedback and forming contacts to promote the vision of the brand.
The Service UK – Mobile Service: Locum Dispensing Assistant and Management (23rd August 2015 – 21st October 2016 and March - July 2017
• Working on independent optically modeled trailer units at different hospital base.
• Working alongside a single Optom to deliver a 24 patient clinic.
• Handle end of sales and report to the allocated manager
• Handle all patients with professionalism
• Meet and greet every patient, including background health check before registration
• Answer any optical related questions/ concerns
• Adapt continuously to a fast pace environment
• Manage any complaints and report to a senior authority as and when it is necessary
Managing Director, Pinewood (UK) Ltd (2014 – 4th October 2016)
• Determining the company’s strategic objectives and policies;
• Monitoring progress towards achieving the objectives and policies;
• Accounting for the company’s activities to relevant parties, e.g. shareholders.
• Manage all trading transactions
• Negotiate deals with high-end clients
• Monitor and analyse economic trends for the benefit of trading activity
• Attend meetings both locally and within Europe to close deals with traders
• Discover new clients
• Observe online sales for Amazon and eBay
• Generate Invoices and account sales every 3/12 months
Independent Work: Managing Dispensing Assistant, ClairVision, Balham (2012 – 2013)
Independent Work: Dispensing Assistant, Frames in the Lanes, Brighton (November 2015 – May 2016)
• Giving advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling;
• With further training, fitting contact lenses and giving advice on their care and use;
• Taking the frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning;
• Advising partially sighted patients on the use of low vision aids;
• Advising patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed;
• Selecting, managing and ordering a range of optical products;
• Ordering lenses from prescription houses;
• Checking lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications;
• Arranging and maintaining shop displays;
• Liaising with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers;
• Supervising and training trainee dispensing opticians.
• Interpret Optical Prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
Dispensing Assistant, Locum, Specsavers Recruitment Services, (2012 – 2014)
*All roles delivered for all-optical positions within my CV were required in my Locum position.
Sales Assistant, Cooperative, Sussex University Campus (2011 – 2012)
• Assist Customers
• Conduct stock taking
• Restocking items
• Meeting sales goals
• Attend Training sessions
• Complete online training
• Learn about sales and promotions
Optical Adviser, Frame-Stylist and Dispensing Assistant, Specsavers, Greenford (2007 – 2010)
*Please read above for roles and responsibilities for the position of dispensing assistant.
• Obtaining a patient's medical histories and filing them in the proper locations.
• Meet and greet patients
• Assistance in processing payments and maintaining records of transactions
• Reception roles such as answer phone calls, schedule appointments, order optometric supplies and maintain the inventory
• Prepare patients for pre-tests and examinations
• Trial frames and contact lenses monitoring
• Order lenses prescriptions and set up online direct debit accounts
• Handle NHS Forms
• Repair glasses and handle adjustments
Frame – Styling and Optical Advising
Management and diligence
Creative Team Leadership
Business Analytical Skills Focus Group & Market Research
Development of Training Materials
Excellent Communication Skills
Tutoring English and History (High School)
Confident public speaker
One on One Mentor
Training Staff in work-force
Effectiveness and adaptation skills in the workforce.
• University of Sussex – MA Intellectual History (2014 – 2015)
• University of Sussex – BA History (2011 – 2014)
Upper Second Class Honours
• Bishopshalt Sixth Form (2009 – 2011)
English AS – B
History – A
Business Studies – A
Psychology – B
• Featherstone High School (2003 – 2008)
4A*, 3A’s, 2B’s and 2C’s
• References available upon request
Minnie has always been an intellectual and enjoys reading and taking part in poetry. She is hardworking and invested in her projects and anyone she tutors. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience from her own studies and has completed a MSc. I would recommend Minnie if you're looking for someone easy going and helpful to tutor you.
I would highly recommend Minnie! I have always been a bit sceptical about paying a tutor to help me but its truly the best decision I have ever made! Minnie is super friendly, I am very pleased with how thorough and knowledgeable she is. She covers a broad range of topics, in a clear and attentive manner, which has helped me immensely. Her lessons are always enjoyable and engaging. She understands my learning needs and focuses lessons accordingly. She has helped me become more confident and I am ready to go out there to smash those exams thanks to her! Thank you so much Minnie for all your efforts, really appreciate all your hard work!
I know Minnie as one of my most trustworthy and dependable friends, and would highly recommend her as a tutor. Our conversations are deep, philosophical and explorative, often spent on academic debate of History, Theology, and all topics. With her intelligence, subject-knowledge, and natural will to give and exchange knowledge, she is a very natural tutor.
Minnie is one of the most intelligent, kind and well spoken individual i have ever met. Her presence is full of warmth and joy and her knowledge about life in general and current affairs is highly commendable and inspiring. I find myself as a friend learning a lot from her even during general catch-ups so i can be assured about her extremely high calibre as a teacher. She will teach with all her heart and a charming smile. Highly recommended!
I was having really hard time dealing with my work and personal life, wasn't able to focus on how to deal with situations to make the daily life more fruitful and joyful. I got connected to Minnie few months back, Life coaching sessions with her helped me alott, she took note of everything in a very natural way and it worked out for me very well. I would recommend her Life coaching for sure as she's really good in this!!
Minnie is a great tutor. She is trustworthy and always keeps the needs of the student in mind. She always goes the extra mile and explains things from different angles so that true understanding takes place instead of just a memorisation of text. I highly recommend her services, especially for people who struggle to learn. Minnie is highly intuitive and caters for all learning types.
Minnie is excellent in bringing out precise meaning to a content by putting all the pieces together thus creating a content most meaningful . She goes to the depth of topic and tries to understand it best way possible. Her patience and her zeal deserves very important place in helping me compile my thesis which was a quite intense work for me to handle alone.
Will Always adore her for it...
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, philosophy lessons for all!
Taking feminism lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|