I believe in a constructivist approach to learning. A constructivist adapts quickly to the child's needs and uses formative assessment methods to identify a students strengths and weaknesses. Using formative assessment allows for learning to happen more rapidly. I have found in the past, that this approach has allowed the students I teach to generate outstanding results in literacy and numeracy.
I am an enthusiastic young male who loves teaching. As a Grade 4 teacher in three of the previous four schools, in which I have had the privilege of teaching at, I believe I have an excellent understanding of the varying developmental stages in this age range. My teaching ethos is a collaboration of ideas and resources from my experiences as an Australian, British and Chinese-international teacher and I bring them altogether to give the children I teach a rich global perspective. I consider myself very confident and effective in some key foundation values, for example: building quality relationships with the students and having a genuine love of learning. I work closely with my students’ parents and keep in contact with them, because I feel that is how I can achieve the best results. I have high expectations and encourage every child to achieve their potential in all areas of their schooling.
Outside of the classroom, I am a very contented and optimistic person with an engaging personality. I try to always be grateful for the opportunities I am given. I strive to be a role model for the children I teach and carry myself as an open-minded and principled person.
(January 2018 – present) North Bridge House
- Create stimulating and creative learning environments.
- Follow the interests of the students and develop concept-based learning.
- Challenge the children to be creative and inquisitive.
- Prepare stimulating and challenging learning experiences.
- Prepare thought provoking lessons that encourage the students to self-manage,
communicate, investigate and think.
(July 2017 – December 2018) Middleton Public School – NSW Australia
- Supply teaching
- Managemultiple classes -
(August 2016 – July 2017) Beanstalk International Bilingual School – Beijing China
- Literacy committee
- Creating and developing individualised learning plans, weekly plans, schemes of
work and yearly overviews.
- Developing inquiry based lessons that reflect the IB (International Baccalaureate)
- Attend staff meetings, school events, weekend fairs and evening parent-teacher
- Highly detailed and continuous reports, three times per year (Interim, Mid year, and
- Attend staff development seminars on afternoons and some weekends
- Communicate with parent’s daily
(October 2014 – July 2016) Byron Court Primary School - United Kingdom
- Byron Court assesses teacher twice per year by a senior leader, at each assessment I was given the highest assessable grade of “Outstanding” in:
o Teacherplanningandthesettingofclearobjectives o Subjectknowledgeandunderstanding
o Teachingmethodsusedtoenablestudentstolearn o Pupilmanagementandbehaviourstandards
o Student assessment
o Timemanagementandresources. (signed copies of these assessments can be attached)
- Assisted in producing the end of year performance of the Lion King
- Collaboratively ran a lunch time nurture group for students who found making and keeping friends challenging
(January 2014 – August 2014) Woodfield Special Needs School – United Kingdom
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of literacy, numeracy, science, social studies and personal development curriculums for ages 4 to 16 years
- Able to professionally adapt to classroom situations
- Builds positive relationships with students and staff promptly (January 2013 – January 2014) Parkes Public School (Year 4) - Australia
- Created and taught programs that integrated the Quality Teaching Framework
- Developed supported student reports with numerical data and informed comments
- Inspired, supported and empowered students to think creatively and differently
about worldviews such as environment
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||Not available|