I will tailor the structure and delivery of my lessons in a way that best suits the student. As a maths teacher, I have access to lots of resources and have used many different teaching methods so can adapt my lessons so the student makes the best progress. What I have found throughout my teaching career is that measuring progress is really important. Therefore,the use of past papers will be used to find areas of development. I will then break down these areas to help the student gain a better understanding and achieve their goal.
I am a qualified maths teacher who graduated with a first in Economics and Politics from the University of Bristol. I am currently doing my masters in Mathematics Education at UCL.
I have been a maths teacher for the last two years and gained my PGDE with a distinction. Throughout my teaching career I have had a lot of experience teaching a range of abilities. So whether you are looking to have a better understanding of key mathematical concepts or aiming for the highest grades at GCSE and beyond, I can help.
During the sessions, you can decide want you want to cover and where you feel you need help. I will then plan a lesson or series of lessons around how we can best achieve your goal. I am very patient, friendly and adaptable. So if you have any questions please get in contact.
I look forward to meeting you!
Sheffield Hallam University, PGDE (Teach First)
The University of Bristol, BSc (Hons) Economics and Politics
• UK government scholarship to study Mandarin and Chinese culture at Beijing University.
St Johns School, Leatherhead
• A Level’s: A*, A*, A*, A* - Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Politics
• AS level’s: A, A, A, A - Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Politics
• GSCE’s: 8A*’s, 2A’s
Bradford Forster Academy, Bradford September 2017 - August 2020
• As a Maths Teacher on the Teach First programme I developed my ability to adapt quickly to new environments whilst also honing my pedagogical and behaviour management skills. Extra roles included being in charge of extra-curricular trips, the Further Maths GCSE, and several sports teams.
Responsibilities, Achievements & Interests
• The Ironman 70.3, The London Marathon, Duke of Edinburgh Gold, cycled London to Paris and across Zambia amongst other events.
Positions of Responsibility
• School captain, Captain of 1st XV rugby team, Club Captain of Clifton Crusaders, Founder of OJ’s rugby 7’s team, and Managing Director of a successful Young Enterprise Company.
• Volunteering at homeless shelters and charities and a basic understanding of Mandarin. I have also tutored maths for several years.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|