I believe that every student has the ability to succeed, they just need to be understood and taught in a way that works for them. Maths tuition is also built on raising confidence by being approachable and friendly but also encouraging the students to work hard. I believe that making mistakes is vital to success rather than something to be worried about.
Qualified maths tutor with 8 years of tutoring and teaching experience and a 95% pass rate in SATS and GCSE's. I am offering maths tuition for all ages and abilities in the North East of England or online.
I am based in Hartlepool.
Sharon Anne Barnes
(concealed information)9 E: (concealed information)
28 Chester Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8FD
Independent Home Tutor March 2013- current time
• 8 years’ experience of math's tuition from age 6-56, SATS to GCSE.95% pass rate.
• Creating engaging and motivational lessons to cover all math's topics.
• Assessing student's weak areas and using differentiation in teaching methods to cover any difficulties.
• Keeping records and providing feedback to parents or guardians on performance.
• Engaging and supporting students throughout their learning experience.
Teaching Assistant and maths Tutor November 2015 - current time
Hartlepool College of Further Education
• Dependable Teaching Assistant and maths and English tutor, with six
• years of experience working with children aged 15 to 20.
• Especially versed in tutoring and supporting students with Special Education Needs. Continually successful in improving their work and social skills and abilities
• Positive role model, successful in quickly building rapport with students.
• Adept at developing and implementing engaging and interactive lessons, with a desire to guide creative expression and enable total student development.
• Skilled in assisting teachers with all classroom functions, including lesson planning, and individual and group instruction.
• Talented in using various strategies to model positive behaviour and maintain classroom discipline.
• Adept in reporting progress to management and heads of department and parents and guardians.
• Great record-keeping and time management skills.
Senior Pension’s Administrator May 2004-November 2015
RPMI | Darlington, Co Durham
• Trained other members of staff on new legislation and regulations, including mathematical calculations.
• Checked colleagues’ calculations and provided polite and timely feedback.
• Maintained up-to-date working knowledge of relevant pension and tax legislation.
• Liaised with Pension managers regarding the funding situation of the pension schemes offering advice and guidance.
• Maintained excellent working knowledge of industry trends and offer impeccable support to end-users.
• Performed complex mathematical benefit calculations promptly communicating findings within clients.
• Kept comprehensive records of calculations and findings.
• Checked colleagues works and offered input and guidance for areas of concern, culminating in developing and delivering training materials.
Compliance Officer January 2001-November 2015
Sesame | Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
• Liaised with Financial Advisors to confirm what requirements they needed to keep their financial paperwork in order.
• Answered queries via telephone and email.
• Maintained accurate and detailed compliance records.
• Ensured company policies were implemented and adhered to.
• Regularly interpreted legislation to advise team on necessary implementation advice.
• Prepared and maintained supporting regulatory documentation, including product literature and technical reports.
• Ensured up-to-date knowledge of regulatory developments, quickly communicating necessary process changes to maintain compliance.
• Trained other members of staff on new legislation and industry compliance breeches, to mitigate risk.
• Excellent ability with maths and numbers and the skill to engage and connect with students to enable them to learn and pass their maths qualifications
• Expert in working with those with Special Education Needs, preparing them and encouraging them to build the confidence and skills to pass their English and maths qualifications.
• Age-appropriate lesson planning.
• Proficient in student engagement tactics.
• Excellent Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Access skills.
• Fast Learner
• Enable to run reports and report to other members of staff in a timely and effective manner
• PGCE Teesside University 2021
• Huddersfield University, Huddersfield 2;2 Degree In Modern Languages 1996
• 5 A-Levels Grades B,C,E,E and E
• 9 GCSE’s Grades A,A,B,B,B,B and C,C,C. Grades B in maths and English.
• Qualified A1 NVQ assessor
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|