- Hourly rate £30
- Response Time 5h
- Number of students 50+
Qualified native English teacher in Cambridge. Free Skype diagnosis. Personalised teaching method to ensure progress.
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Emma will be happy to arrange your first Business English lesson.
About the lesson
Tailored practice and further development
* speak with confidence
* improve your writing
* read confidently
* improve your listening skills
Grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation training, and accent reduction.
Make yourself understood with confidence:
Pronunciation, elocution, accuracy, vocabulary development, grammar.
Planning, organisation, development.
Grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation.
Bespoke lesson-plans, whether for business purposes or for more fluent speaking practice. I have experience teaching every level and currently teach adults face to face in Cambridge. I quickly identify problem areas and work on them using a method that works well with each student-whether on the business premises or in the student's home. Together, we practise pronunciation techniques; fluency; increasing vocabulary; writing; and many more skills - using methods including speaking and listening.
Student's comment-Linde: "She is great at explaining how to move the muscles in my mouth in order to make sounds I have never been able to produce before."
She also links difficult words to words that I already know, which makes it a lot easier to remember them. I feel like my pronunciation improves with every lesson.
- Business English
- Accent Reduction-English
- Adult education
Over the years, I have worked with international students, corporate clients, scientists, business entrepreneurs, and translators to enhance their communication skills regarding clarity, intelligibility, confidence, accuracy, and vocabulary range.
I encourage the student to speak as much as possible by using a variety of techniques to provide material to talk about, using everyday vocabulary.
Student's comment-Alejandro: "I am really happy with my progress and the way Emma makes every lesson interesting."
More specialist vocabulary is explained for work purposes. I am extremely patient and have experience teaching learners from all over the world and therefore understand particular pronunciation difficulties. I provide a lot of help with common problems encountered, using, for example: tenses, phrasal verbs, and word order in sentences.
Student's comment-Izabela: "She helped me find some weaknesses right away in my first lesson and she was immensely helpful in explaining everything in detail during our sessions and in the written feedback."
I am a native English speaker with a clear voice and am qualified through Trinity College London in TESOL. I also have an NVQ III in Business and Administration.
Contacts are available for nearby, friendly, professional host families at reasonable prices.
Student's comment-Linde: "What’s even better is that she takes my incorrect sentences as examples as well, which makes it easier to apply the grammar to my everyday life."
Perfect! Emma is a wonderful teacher. She is helping me with improving pronunciation and my English in general (vocabulary, occasional errors), so that it sounds more natural. We discuss various topics, the conversation is easy and interesting. Emma is always very supportive and can marvellously tune our sessions to my needs (sometimes feeling them better than me :-) I enjoy our lessons immensely and find them very helpful. I would definitely recommend Emma as a teacher to anyone who is eager to polish a somewhat rusty English (Actually I have already :-)
- Emma's response : A perfectly capable student, Masha is a lovely lady working hard to improve upon her high standard of English. It is such a pleasure to work with such an attentive and natural learner. Masha loves to discover new idiosyncrasies of the English language, and to put them into use. Masha learns with style and humour and is great explore different topics with.
Perfect! My mother has been having lessons with Emma and has said that she is a wonderful teacher and is able to detect exactly what she has been struggling with. She has really enjoyed her company and out of many teachers picked Emma to help improve her with her pronunciation and grammer. Emma is very professional, explains concepts well and creates a comfortable environment to learn in. She understands what my mother will like to work on, and she adjust the lessons to my mother’s interests. Emma also provides you with assignments to help solidify the concepts you have learnt in class and reviews it during the lessons, which my mother has found extremely helpful. She has started to feel much more confident and happier about the progress she has made so far and looks forward to her future lessons with her. We cannot recommend her enough!
- Emma's response : A true chatterbox brimming over with a keen concentration aimed at improving her spoken English. Power asks relevant questions and practises until she recognises an improvement.
Perfect! Emma is an excellent teacher. Has this special ability to recognise one's language weakness and addresses it straight away. Thank you!
- Emma's response : A charming business lady keen to improve in any way possible with a strong work ethic. Joanna is bubbling with enthusiasm and carefully takes note of hints and tips.
Perfect! Emma is friendly, patient and reassuring and she spots the areas which need improvement very quickly. I enjoyed our lesson and look forward to the next ones!
- Emma's response : Daniela has a great grasp of the English language and is working with me to improve some minor issues. It is a pleasure to work with Daniela and she would like to improve her vocabulary and is prepared to work hard with extra homework to increase her knowledge of the huge range of words at her disposal.
Perfect! Emma is a brilliant teacher who can quickly assess my level of English and adapts her lesson to my needs.
- Emma's response : Therese has a refreshing and clear manner of speaking and a delightful style of writing. It is a delight to work with such a charming student :--))
Perfect! Emma is a highly effective teacher of English speaking. She is passionate, patient, and articulate in her teaching. Within a very short period, she spotted the pattern of mistakes I would make as a non-native speaker. Not only helped me nail many presentations, she also provided me a lot of practial skills for self-learning. Emma's lessons empower me a lot!
- Emma's response : Jacqueline concentrates fully and makes sure she has everything clear in her head before moving on to the next piece of vocabulary or pronunciation. She is fascinating and hard-working and a totally dedicated student. It is such a delight to know and work with Jacqueline.
Perfect! Emma's Knowledge and experience, it has helped me a lot to better articulate my sentences and improve my pronunciation, great teacher!!
- Emma's response : Mauricio is super-attentive and calmly takes on board all the improvements he can make. He is extremely keen to improve and does so by practising with all the hints and tips. It's great to work with Mauricio because he is so cheerful.
Perfect! I'm super glad to have found Emma. Not only is she technically competent, she also has all the personal qualities that make her a great mentor. If you're looking for someone who can inspire and make learning English fun, then I'd fully recommend Emma.
- Emma's response : Kevin is an extremely interesting and attentive person. He works hard to get things right and listens intently to any hints and tips. Kevin keeps on practising and is keen to improve his command of the English language.
Perfect! Emma has helped me mainly with “ accent reduction- English “. The sessions focus on the practical application of English encourages me to learn to expand my speaking skills without fear or judgement.. Emma has show me professionalism from the beginning, she is very well organized , adapting the lessons to meet my individual needs.. It’s a great pleasure and I recommend Spoken English Practice with Emma highly.
Perfect! Able to adjust to my shortcomings and develop a strategy on how to deal with them.
- Emma's response : Kinga is a bright and bubbly student and takes on board every tip with great speed.
Perfect! Emma is a great teacher - she designs our lessons to accomodate my needs and everything we do feels highly useful. The lessons are engaging and I have noticed the progress.
- Emma's response : Works hard, listens well, absorbs it all.
Perfect! She's been helping me with my pronunciation and grammer and the way she explains things is really clear and easy to understand. She sends me homework and things to review as soon as we finish a session so I won't forget what we covered in the lesson. She's a great teacher!
- Emma's response : Satomi listens very carefully to all the advise and tips given in the lesson and then practises at home. Satomi is an extremely interesting, bright student, taking a great interest in learning new vocabulary and improving techniques. It is a pleasure to teach Satomi.
Perfect! Emma is absolutely amazing! She is kind, optimistic, encouraging and patient. I started taking English lessons to improve my pronunciation and grammar. Emma understands really well what I have trouble with. She is great at explaining how to move the muscles in my mouth in order to make sounds I have never been able to produce before. She also links difficult words to words that I already know, which makes it a lot easier to remember them. I feel like my pronunciation improves with every lesson. My friends were pleasantly surprised with my improvement as well – they could clearly hear the difference. When Emma explains grammar, she has clear overviews, a lot of examples and exercises for me to practice. What’s even better is that she takes my incorrect sentences as examples as well, which makes it easier to apply the grammar to my everyday life.
Emma tailors each lesson to my needs, both the content and the pace. She asks what I have difficulties with and picks up little things I didn’t even know I said incorrectly. She takes a lot of time for her students, both during and outside the lessons. She always comes prepared with new material, exercises, homework and helpful links. And if something comes up in between lessons, I can always drop her an email. Emma’s enthusiasm is really motivating and makes me want to study and improve my English even more. I couldn’t recommend her enough. Emma is definitely the best English teacher I ever had.
- Emma's response : Linde is a truly dedicated student, determined to improve her pronunciation of the English language and to increase her awareness of the quirks of the language. She listens intently and carefully practises all the tips and techniques which come to light in the classes. It is a pleasure to work with someone with such an inquisitive mind, and who is quite fascinated with the tessellation of the language, both written and spoken. Linde sets herself high standards and goes out of her way to attain them.
Perfect! Emma and I are working on accent reduction (Spanish is my mother language). I am really happy with my progress and the way Emma makes every lesson interesting.
It was really easy to schedule every lesson with Emma. She replied my request on the same day and we had the first lesson just a week after. Since then, we have already had 6 more lessons and Emma is always willing to find the best time that works for me.
Emma puts a lot of effort to make every lesson different and interesting. General conversation, reading, listening, ... Every day something different! I feel myself improving and Emma makes sure I practice on those areas where I have more trouble.
If you are looking for someone with a vast knowledge of English grammar, vocabulary, phonetics and teaching experience, Emma is the one :) She is capable of identifying the weak points in your pronuntiation and work on them.
Perfect! I was looking for somebody to help me improve my accent and Emma was a very good choice.
After only three lessons I noticed an improvement in many common words I use all the time.
I strongly recommend Emma and having one-to-one lessons is so much better value for money than group lessons!
- Emma's response : Marco is an extremely receptive student and very interesting to work with. It is a pleasure to prepare lessons for him as he takes everything on board, quickly learning new techniques to improve his pronunciation.
Perfect! Emma is, without question, an excellent tutor; very professional and skilful at teaching the English language. She helped me find some weaknesses right away in my first lesson and she was immensely helpful in explaining everything in detail during our sessions and in the written feedback. Emma is very easy to get along with, friendly, kind, patient and very thoughtful in her comments. She is fun to work with and her lessons are never boring. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to improve their English skills of speaking, reading or writing. You will be very fortunate to have her as your teacher.
- Emma's response : Izabela has a high standard of English and is extremely dedicated to improving her enunciation of British English. She listens carefully and quickly takes on board the improvement techniques. Izabela is very interesting and fun to work with and it is a pleasure to try to help her improve communication within her business.
Perfect! I am happy that I found Emma, as she has helped me with my pronunciation problems.
She has made me realise where I am wrong and why people struggle to understand what I say despite living in England around 17 years.
- Emma's response : It is always a pleasure to work with such a cheerful and focussed student. Elba is keen to practise as much as is needed, both in her classes, and with her homework and feedback. She continues to practise between classes with any links provided. I wish her all the best with any future training she decides to pursue.
Perfect! Emma is helping one of our company employees to improve corporate communication in English. The training involves increasing english vocabulary, accent reduction, presentation skills, teleconference communication skills, technical writing and can be customized to fit our needs. Results were amazing in a very short period of time. I really recommend Emma to help employees develop their communication skills to the next level!
- Emma's response : Thank you so much, José, for such a detailed review. I am very happy that I have been able to make a difference. It is a pleasure to work for you; your employee is very focussed and extremely keen to improve his skills.
View more reviews
Emma has been teaching and supporting my ten year’s old daughter with English in particular spellings, writing and grammar skills. We have seen a massive improvement on her skills, she also gained more confidence and really enjoyed her learning time with Emma. We definitely recommend Emma to anyone that would like and need to strengthen those areas.
It’s my honour and pleasure to provide this letter of recommendation for Emma REX as she pursues English teaching. As a student of Emma REX, I’ve enjoyed having Emma approximatily thirty hours of one-to-one classes with Emma for six months. She has been important in my progression in the English language. When I say English, I include every disciplines of language (Writing, speaking with perfect pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar,etc).
Emma is a very nice teacher who wants to understand your difficulties and your wishes to help you. She uses a lot of support in your specialist areas or your passions to help you to speak with pleasure about a subject.
When I started the classes with Emma, I had great difficulty in being understood because of my pronunciation. The first classes were difficult for me because I didn’t understand why my speech was not understood. During the class, Emma pushed me to stay focus on the class for example, if I forgot the “h sound” she showed a big, cartoon “h”. She spent a lot of energy to correcting most of my mistakes. All these mistakes were written on a sheet of paper. Emma asked me to work on this paper for homework and to record myself. In the next class, Emma listened to my recording and corrected my speech. This cycle was maintained for all the classes.
This method by iteration and which includes listening to oneself to show one’s mistakes is perfect for my progression.
Emma is an excellent teacher. I have already booked other classes to complete my progression.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £150
- 10h: £300
In-house 1-1 lessons £30/hour
Online 1-1 £28/hour
Skype £28/hr or £14/half hour
WeChat £15/30 minutes
Other platforms available for bespoke rates.
Children face to face £25/hr
x4 children (same level) can share the lesson at £40/hr
The first free 15 minute diagnosis is via Skype, Whatsapp, or WeChat
Student's comment-Marco: "I strongly recommend Emma and having one-to-one lessons is so much better value for money than group lessons!"
Travel only to be charged outside a 10 mile radius of Waresley.
Block booking rates are for a block of bookings paid for in advance, with the expectations of regular classes carried out within the teacher's normal working hours.
Extra special bookings are made at the singular rate when the teacher has 'out-of-hours' slots available and are paid for in advance.
Find out more about Emma
Do you speak this language fluently because of your origins or because a teacher inspired you to learn?
I came from the north of England, as did my parents, and my grandparents were from London. I grew up without a discernible dialect because my parents didn't have any distinct dialects.
Can you name a living, historical or fictional character that you think is the emblematic representative of the language's culture?
James Herriot character in 'All Creatures Great and Small'.
Is there a typical word, phrase, tradition or behavior in the language that you particularly like?
Why does speaking this language matter to you?
It is my heritage and our family goes back to the Domesday Book
What is the main difficulty in learning this language and what can help the process of learning?
There are so many complicated phrasal verbs in common use but many of them have multiple meanings which are quite diverse from each other thus making them difficult for learners to use.
Provide a valuable anecdote related to your language learning or your days at school.
Practise, read, listen, and make mistakes - by treating it as an adventure into an unknown land.
How has travel or a specific trip helped you to increase your skill and knowledge of the language?
By having the necessity to use a second or other language, one has to learn, adapt, try, and try again, until understood.
What makes you a Superprof in language?
My passion to help my students improve to their optimum abilities by listening to them intently and providing clear, timely, and insightful feedback.