My teaching method depends on the requirements of the student. If a student is trying to pass and exam then I will focus on the vocabulary and grammar the student needs to succeed. If a student is simply looking to improve their French then I will focus on their interests and build lessons around them.
I studied French and Music at the University of Bristol and have been working as a Secondary school teacher in East London for two years. I have privately tutored students to help them prepare for exams or just to improve their French.
Golden Circle Tuition. April- present
One on one French tuition
Brampton Manor Academy, Roman Road. Sept-present
Currently teaching 10 classes from year 7 to year 10 French and year 7 music classes.
Ashcroft Technology Academy, West Hill. Jan-June
Taught French classes from year 7 to year 10
St Thomas More Catholic School, Wood Green, N22 5HN, U.K. Oct-December
During my PGCE training I worked with students in year 8, 9 and one AS class teaching both Spanish and French.
Buckingham Primary School, Hampton, TW123LT, U.K. Sept-December 2015
Worked as a Teaching Assistant in a Year 1 class. My role incorporated both working as a general assistant to the whole class and working one on one with two children with special educational needs.
• Developed various strategies to help SEN pupils manage certain behavioural problems so that they could benefit more and engage with whole class activities.
• Alternated between working in small groups with either the higher or lower achieving pupils in the class to make sure they were on target.
• Experienced working in a professional teaching environment and met all standards expected of a teaching assistant.
Daisy Chain Recruitment, London, UK. Aug-September 2015
Worked for a day-care agency. My role was to cover for child care workers who were absent. Helped take care of young babies from ages one to five.
Language Ambassador for ‘Routes into Languages’, Bristol. Feb - April 2015
Spent four hours a week at Bristol Cathedral Choir School assisting two French teachers with their classes. My role was to help any students who needed extra help and occasionally to take small groups aside for group work.
• Through sharing my personal experiences of language learning I helped a group of potential students see the benefits of pursuing a degree in modern languages.
‘Eveil Bilingue’ ( A company who provides child care services and language teaching for French children from native English speakers) May- July 2014
I cared for the children of two different families on alternate afternoons. The children were aged six to nine years old, each family had one boy and one girl. I picked the children up from school and gave them something to eat and looked after them until their parents returned from work. As well as looking after the children my job was to encourage them to speak English with me through games and play.
• Seeing the level of the children’s spoken English improve as a result of their afternoons spent with me
• Forged trusting relationships with the children so that they had the confidence to try and speak English even if it wasn’t always correct.
Lycée (College) Les Pierres Vives, Carrières Sur Seine, France. October – April 2014.
Worked as an English assistant in a college just outside Paris teaching students in their final two years of school. I was given seventeen pupils with the brief of encouraging the students to speak English at all times.
• Managed to adapt my teaching methods for classes of seventeen pupils when I was orginially told that I would have ten pupils per class
• Learnt how to formulate an engaging lesson plan
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|