I am very passionate about kinaesthetic learning (learning by doing). I believe that practical activities can help students to remember the information. I also believe that the lessons should be about balance - I like to break up lessons with a mixture of mini activities including technique, music theory and practice methods etc.
I will always adapt my lessons to suit the needs of each individual student. Each student has different learning styles and levels, which I will always be critically aware of and cater for.
Most of all, I am a very knowledgable, upbeat, friendly and professional teacher who will always encourage you to do your very best!
How long have I been teaching for?
- I have been teaching since 2014
What teaching experience do I have?
- I have taught at secondary schools in London, Essex and Hertfordshire. Previous to qualifying as a music teacher, I was a freelance music/singing teacher at the Fixation Theatre Company. I am currently a music specialist teacher in a north London primary school. I have also taught students the piano from the age of 4 to adults.
What are my pass rates?
In 2019 my RSL Music Composition & Music Production students achieved a 97% pass rate. This was the first cohort I had taken through. In 2020 my RSL Music Performance students achieved a 100% pass rate.
What are my qualifications and awards?
- Music degree from the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA)
- MA in songwriting from the Institute for Contemporary Music Performance (ICMP)
- PGCE in Secondary Music (with QTS) from Middlesex University
- Grade 8 piano
- Grade 5 music theory
- Grade 5 practical musicianship
- GCSE Music, A Level Music and A Level Music Technology
- Semi-finalist for UK Songwriting Contest on two occasions
What is my professional experience?
- I am in two bands and one acoustic duo. We regularly perform in venues across London and Hertfordshire.
- I am currently working with a number of artists/songwriters and producers and am looking forward to music that I have co-written being released in 2021/2022.
- I regularly write, record and produce my own songs
What equipment do I have?
- Kemble upright piano
- Nord stage 2 electric piano
- Aston spirit microphone, Rokit KRK speakers and Focusrite audio interface
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|