It is important for children and young people to develop into ambitious, confident, articulate and inquisitive citizens who are able to adapt their skills in the changing world around them as employees and leaders. It is important students are given this opportunity and is something I agree with strongly and would like to be a part of; equipping young people in every way possible to give them the opportunity to change the world for the better.
I am a qualified teacher of sciences. I have been teaching and tutoring for the past 5 years in the Yorkshire area in academies and online since 2016.
I have a Masters degree in CHEMISTRY and went on to complete my PGCE.
I have strong knowledge on GCSE BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY and PHYSICS.
I have also taught A-LEVEL BIOLOGY and CHEMISTRY.
Full price must be paid if a session is cancelled without 24hour notice
NAME: ZAINAB AHMED
MOBILE: (concealed information)0
PERSONAL EMAIL: (concealed information)
Teacher of Science
2020-Current- Dixons Kings Academy
Teacher of Science
2016- 2019- Queensbury Academy
• Responsible for teaching various classes at KS3 and KS4 level
• Manage and lead STEM club for KS3 students weekly
• Writing schemes of work in line with KS3 and KS4 curriculums
• Maintaining positive relationships with students and colleagues
• Planning thorough and engaging lessons where students are constantly questioned to encourage a deeper understanding of key concepts
• Differentiating lessons appropriately based on data from Key Stage 2; completed assessments and teacher judgement
• Assessing learners through numerous methods such as ‘red/amber/green cards’ and ‘mini-white boards’ to observe which students need extra support and differentiated work
• Enforcing learning through setting of weekly homework tasks
• Providing personalised written feedback on homework and classwork tasks which students respond to regularly
• Fantastic classroom and behaviour management strategies which have been outlined throughout all lesson observations
• Working closely and collaboratively with teaching assistants and other members of the college to plan inclusive lessons for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and those with English as an Additional Language (EAL)
• Planning appropriately for SEN and EAL students accommodating their needs and providing the necessary support
• Sharing good practice within the science department and often observing more experienced outstanding classroom practitioners to develop skills
• Attending parent consultation evenings and maintaining positive relationships with parents
• Recognising the relevant intervention strategies based on data and implementing them effectively
• Responsible for a form group and their behaviour in and around the school
Skills Gained Through University & College
• Constantly worked under constrained time pressures
• People management skills gained through studying various modules involving group work
• Excellent ICT skills in Microsoft packages
• Working in teams as well as independently on numerous projects and assignments
• Working under minimal supervision whilst completing various assessed experiments in the laboratory
Available upon request
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£25|