Apart from my relevant experience in Piano teaching, following a syllabus that included a variety of different composers and music periods, I have attended an intensive program of studies, and I have continuously searched for different techniques and approaches related to instrumental teaching, while also attending numerous masterclasses and becoming familiar with a variety of teaching styles. As a result, while evolving as a pianist, I studied, among other things, a wide range of techniques around the body of the musician, the mind-body collaboration in the creative process, and the management of stage-fright and maintaining focus in performance (Alexander Technique, Yoga for Musicians, Focus Training, Somatics for Musicians).
I am a qualified teacher and professional musician, with over six years of continuous experience, working with groups or offering personalised, one to one lessons. I have worked with children, young adults, and mature students and I am trained in different teaching techniques, ensuring that I maintain an environment where students can be motivated to achieve their goals and fulfill their potential. In addition to my teaching experience, I have worked as a piano accompanist and performed numerous solo recitals, and I am currently training to become an Alexander Technique teacher.
The rates may vary, depending on the level of the student, or the commute distance.
JAN 2017 – JUN 2019 PIANO ACCOMPANIST
Rika Tsitsopoulou School of Ballet, Thessaloniki, Greece
• In this leading school of Ballet, which offered Classical and Contemporary Ballet lessons to students from the age of 4, to dancers over 18 years old, I was responsible for the selection of repertoire, adapting to the variety of the Ballet exercises, as well as the different level of each class
• I transcribed by ear assigned songs from a wide range of repertoire (from classical Ballet Suites, to different period Piano or Orchestra music, or transcribed contemporary or traditional/folk music )
SEP 2015 – JUN 2019 ENGLISH TEACHER
Private Tutoring, Thessaloniki, Greece
• I taught English as a Second Language to young students, 8-15 years old, at Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels, and to adults of various ages at Beginner and Upper Intermediate levels;
• I drafted the syllabi based on Situational Language Teaching textbooks and, without a textbook, based on Communicative and Multiple Intelligences projects;
• I incorporated original and customised activities (Communicative, Total Physical Response, Task Based)
• I ensured that the students were motivated to participate and study, through meaningful tasks (as mentioned above), encouraging them to use the English Language creatively, as a means of communication, play, and expression, rather than adapting to a passive role of receiving and memorising information
• As a result, students were able to reach their full potential in Language comprehension and production, and were also inspired to engage actively in the learning process, both during the lesson and at home.
NOV 2014 – FEB 2015 PRACTICAL TRAINING IN TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
Model Experimental School of the University Of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
• I observed teaching and kept record of observation reports, each focusing on a different aspect of the teaching process (e.g. Classroom management, Use of Teaching Aids, Pace and Variety of the lesson, Teacher’s Body language and Posture, Lesson Preparation)
• I organised lesson plans and activities for delivery in class
• I carried out lessons in a Secondary School class (S2), while being evaluated by the class teacher
• I kept records of reflective reports, which I filed both before and after each lesson, reflecting on my preparation and conduct of the lesson
• I built a detailed Practical Training portfolio representing the whole process, which was monitored by the assigned School of English A.U.Th. professor.
SEP 2013 – JAN 2014, SEP 2015 – JUN 2016 PRACTICAL TRAINING IN PIANO TEACHING
Municipal Conservatory of Edessa – Mousiko Collegio
Conservatory of Thessaloniki, Edessa – Thessaloniki, Greece
• I was responsible for 3 students and their entire preparation for their exams on “Piano as a Second Instrument”. My responsibilities included
• The selection of their repertoire according to an assigned syllabus and each student’s abilities, strengths, and preferences
• Teaching the characteristics of each period and composer (Baroque to Contemporary), while cultivating the personal freedom permitted to each student in the artistic result
• Helping in the improvement of the students’ technical skills by guiding their practice so as to both overcome technical difficulties and be able to include their interpretation of each piece into their performance
• The preparation for their final examination (practice in the preparatory process of a performance which included mock recitals, techniques that help in managing stage fright/maintaining focus, performance-oriented studying)
• All 3 students successfully passed their exams with distinction.
2011 - 2015 BACHELOR DEGREE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - School of English, Commendation, 7.59/10
• Fields of Study: English Language and Literature, American Literature, Translation, Intercultural Studies
2011 HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
1st Public High school of Edessa, Grade: 19.4/20 - Distinction
• First Of Class (Winner of Eurobank “The Great Moment for Education” prize)
• National Exam Score: 19,078/20,000, (Admitted 16th out of 260 in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of English, 2011)
2001-2019 PIANO DIPLOMA
Municipal Conservatory of Edessa – Music College Conservatory of Thessaloniki ,
• Instructor: Athanasia Paschalidou
• Scholarship of the Municipal Conservatory of Edessa
• Courses included: Music Theory (Harmony and Part Writing), Solfege, Chamber Music, Music History, Choir, Sight Reading, Musical Analysis, Teaching Practice
2017- 2019 ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE
• Private Training - Instructor: Christos Noulis, Pianist, Professor of Piano and Somatics for Musicians PhD
• Alexander Technique seminars and summer workshops with Simon Gore I.T.M., Tracy Gil I.T.M., Liz Watson I.T.M., Penny O’Connor MSTAT
2013-2019 SATYANANDA YOGA FOR MUSICIANS AND ARTISTS
Satyananda Yoga Centre of Thessaloniki
• Instructor: Lola Totsiou, pianist, piano teacher, Director of State Conservatory of Thessaloniki, Satyananda Yoga Instructor
2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010 FOCUS TRAINING SUMMER SEMINARS
• Focus training is a technique with elements from the Polish director Richard Nieoszym's Soundings method and specific practices of Satyananda Yoga
• Instructor: Lola Totsiou, Focus Training instructor
2001-2018 PIANO MASTERCLASSES
• Numerous piano seminars and masterclasses with well-known and respected pianists, including but not limited to: Domna Evnouchidou, Geoffrey Madge, Alan Weiss, and Daniele Petralia, Yuri Bogdanov, and Lilia Boyadjieva (Poros International Summer Piano Academy)
• Solo recitals in the cities of Thessaloniki, Giannitsa, Edessa
• Thessaloniki Piano Festival 2018/Young Artists’ Recitals (Kavala)
Perfect! Really enjoying my lessons with Eleni! She's an excellent, patient, friendly tutor, with a personal approach and real skill for critiquing technique. I had lessons for many years when I was younger but I'm learning many new things about how to improve the way I play. The lessons are well structured with a good focus on making sure skills are learned at the right pace, but always kept fresh, challenging, and interesting. Couldn't recommend more highly!!
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical keyboard lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£125||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£300||Not available|