I ensure my classroom is an inclusive setting where all needs of a child are met and no one is overlooked. My lessons are engaging and child-led. I endeavour to let pupils take ownership of their learning by giving them the opportunity to discuss ideas and by giving them a platform to ask questions and carry out investigations.
I have a degree in Journalism and later went on to train to teach. I worked in a private school as a teaching assistant for 3 years and then went on to complete my training in a mainstream school, gaining an 'outstanding' qualification from University College London, Institute of Education. I am currently a year 2 teacher and have tutored a number of children in English and maths from year 3 - 6, including 11+ and common entrance exams preparation.
UCL, Institute of Education (2017-2018)
• QTS (Outstanding)
University of the Arts London, London College of Communication (2010-2013)
• BA Honours Degree: Journalism
Training in: Feature writing, News reporting, Interviewing, Shorthand, Sub-editing, Documentary making, Radio Broadcasting, Radio Producing
St Bernard’s High School and Arts College (2003-2010)
• GCE A- Levels: English Literature (A) Media Studies (B) Religious Studies (C)
• GCE As-Level: Citizenship (B)
• 11 GCSE’s including English Literature (A) and English Language (B)
Employment / Experience
Year 2 Teacher – (2018-present)
Learning Assistant and Private Tutor (June 2015-2018)
• Supporting pupils in/out of the classroom
• Creating and sourcing differentiated work for pupils
• Running a newspaper club for children aged 7-13
• Proofreading reports for entire school
• Autism trained
• First Aid trained
Editorial Assistant and Administration Assistant - communication rights organisation (August 2014 – February 2015)
• Multi-tasking multiple award-winning projects in the UK and across the world
• Phone interviews and editing audio content, which have been featured on BBC television, BBC World Service radio, Sky News, Channel 4 and The Guardian
• Research, proofreading, transcribing, fact-checking articles that have been published in many news outlets
• Social media – Twitter, TweetDeck, Facebook
• General administration tasks
Freelance Current Affairs Writer, The Upcoming (November 2013 - July 2014)
• Writing and researching current affairs news stories for the online publication
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|