What I offer:
English Language: KS1, KS2, 11+, KS3 and GCSE
English Literature: KS1, KS2, 11+, KS3 and GCSE
I try my best to make learning enjoyable for students but I also have high expectations as I believe every student has it in them to achieve the top grades.
I provide homework for each and every lesson. If students struggle with it, they come to me the following lesson and we go through the mistakes. I teach them the techniques to combat their weaknesses and this ensures they are ironed out, guaranteeing improvement. Students can also bring me work they are struggling with independently.
All the students that have come to me have improved and rapidly.
'He helped my daughter get into Forest School. The homework and regular advice really made all the difference. We cannot thank him enough.' - Mr. Atwal
'Starting with him was the best decision I made for my son's education. He did so much better in his GCSEs than we expected. He was on track for Ds and Es and managed to get nearly all A*-B! Imagine what Umar could've achieved if we'd found him earlier!' - Mrs. Ahmed
'Vinay helped me so much with A Level Biology. I got an A (very nearly an A*) and am now studying Dentistry at university.' - Raman
I am a First-class graduate from Imperial College London and a PGCE (teaching qualification) graduate from UCL IoE, and it is my ambition that my students surpass me.
I aspire to offer a 'super tutor' service (£100-£1500 per hour) and help compensate for an education inferior to the likes of Eton (£42500 a year) at a relatively low price (£35-£45 per hour).
I am a qualified teacher (DBS checked) and have over 4000 hours of tutoring experience, with students ranging from 4-18 years old.
On top of that, I also helped my brother gain entry into Cambridge University for Economics and have seen countless other students succeed under my mentorship. This is because I recognise that there is a process and that if students follow that process, they are guaranteed to succeed.
UCL Institute of Education London
Candidate for Post Graduate Certificate in Education; Science (Biology) Sep 2016 – Jun 2017
Imperial College London London
Candidate for Bachelor of Science in Biology; First Class Honours Sep 2012 – Jun 2015
Ilford County High School Ilford
A Level: 2A* (Maths and Chemistry), 1A (Biology), 1a (Economics) Sep 2005 – Jun 2012
GCSEs: 8A* 3A
Private Tutor Jul 2015 - Present
• Teaching and mentoring over 10 students from KS1 through to KS5
• Communicating effectively with all parents and carers to support the development of their children
All Saints Catholic School Dagenham
Student Teacher (PGCE School Experience 2) Feb 2017 – May 2017
• Taught science to year 7, 8, 9, 12 pupils to improve my teaching skills with those year groups
• Conducted at least 10 practicals/demos to improve my skills in those aspects of science teaching
The Warren School Romford
Student Teacher (PGCE School Experience 1) Oct 2016 – Jan 2017
• Taught science to year 9, 10, 13 pupils
• Sought out the help of at least 3 more experienced teachers around me to learn off them and aid my development
Frenford Youth Club Ilford
Cricket coach Jun 2015 – Mar 2016
• Organised sessions and coached approximately 30 students aged 4-16
First Class Learning Ilford
Teacher Jul 2015 – Feb 2016
• Helped at least 10 children aged 4-14 in the centre each week, either with maths and English problems or marking their classwork and going through the mistakes
Ilford Preparatory School and Ilford Grammar School Ilford
Teacher Sep 2015 – Nov 2015
• Covered at least 5 lessons a week from KS1 through to KS4
• Led a weekly after school football club consisting of approximately 10 students
Hainault and Clayhall Cricket Club Ilford
Captain Apr 2015 – Oct 2015
• Took on all responsibilities including planning, selection of team, in-game decisions and admin work
Frenford Youth Club Ilford
Cricket tour coach Aug 2014, Aug 2015
• Coached the team to win 7 out of 9 games over both tours
• Led a group of 4 students through over 10 different activities, including sporting and drama
Awards and Scholarships
• SGM Undergraduate Microbiology Prize (2014)
• Rector's Undergraduate Scholarship (2012)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||Not available||£40|