I am willing to teach all levels up to GCSE in English language and literature. I teach by attempting to impress my passion for the subject upon the student, whether this is by analysing texts and passages in past exam papers, or through general discursive analysis of poetry, novels and films I have read or seen.
I am a methodical tutor, a patient listener and a hard worker. I am also full of encouragement and belief that with determination anyone can improve tenfold in any subject, including English.
I have had one previous student in English, who was Russian and he eventually secured a B in both Language and Literature, and therefore his place at his chosen Sixth Form. This was after his teachers had given him very little hope in any of his GCSEs. I joined him quite late on in his year, perhaps around March, and stayed with him until his exams in June/July.
Hi, I’m 18 years old, about to go to university. I am interested in a possible career in media.
| ALLEYN’S SCHOOL 2010-2017
2015 GCSE Results:
· English Language A*
· English Literature A*
· Mathematics A*
· Biology A*
· Chemistry A*
· Physics A*
· Mandarin A
· Religious Studies A*
· History A*
· French A*
· Latin A*
2017 A Level Results: (going to Bristol)
· English Literature A*
· Maths A*
· Further Maths B
· Latin A
| CROWN LANE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Skills & Qualities
· 5 Year participation in school Combined Cadet Force, completing the Junior Non-Commissioned Officer course in year 11, giving me the qualification to teach and lead younger cadets.
· Experience of CCF has taught me that you get out what you put in.
· First Aid qualification obtained in CCF.
· Responsible for a group of cadets in year 12, and promoted to Platoon Commander and Sergeant in year 13.
· BTEC currently pending in Teamwork and Leadership.
· Appointed Prefect in year 13, large responsibility.
· Head of Lower School (year 7 & 8) co-curricular
· Stage Manager/student production manager of Upper School (sixth form) play this year, so can oversee a team and work as part of it to contribute to the wider project.
Experience of CCF has taught me that you get out what you put in.
· School Chess Captain from year 9-13, organizing inter-house events and the weekly club.
· Undertaken summer 2015 for a week. Delegated jobs in rejecting and accepting manuscripts, editing the agency website, updating list of literary contacts etc.
GCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TUTORING
· Undertaken this year, outside of school.
· Weekly basis, preparing and teaching lessons to a stranger, who obtained a B after predicted to fail all his GCSEs.
· Organised the disco for Year 7 this year in my capacity as head of Lower School co-curricular. Raised a substantial amount of money for the year 13 leavers’ celebrations.
· Compered the year 13 Leaver’s Show, teaching me how to handle a crowd, to handle nerves etc.
· Ushered for external productions staged in my schools theatre, run by the events team.
· Year-long job. Constant close contact with visitors and front of house.
BIG SCREEN ON THE GREEN 2017
· Undertaken July this year.
· Worked as a member of a close-knit team to organize and run a VIP event on Parson’s Green.
· Worked with sponsors such as Paramount, Taylor Morris, the Royal Opera House, Pommery champagne etc.
· Ran errands, front of house and back of house activities.
· Love films, e.g. American Beauty, Spirited Away, Her
· Enjoy watching tennis, football etc.
· Literature such as Walt Whitman or Ernest Hemingway
school english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking comparative literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£135||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£250||Not available|