I have been a private tutor for eight years, helping me find my own teaching method. I consider my lessons to be student-based, aiming to create a dynamic and friendly atmosphere to encourage active participation and to stimulate students’ motivation and engagement. I am highly interested in Active Methodologies, CLIL, Second Language Teaching and Flipped Classroom.
I am a qualified MFL teacher. My degree is English Studies, and I have a Master's Degree in English Teaching as a Second Language. Spanish is my mother tongue and I have studied English since I was a child. I studied French at high school and university, and lived in France for a year. I also studied Classic Arabic and I am able to maintain easy conversations. I am familiar with English and American Literature, as well as English Semantics, Pragmatics, Discourse Analysis or Syntax, among others.
I have taught English, Spanish and French in a variety of settings, including private tutoring, learning by playing, adult teaching, and state education.
English Teacher: IES La Estrella: 01/2019 – 03/2019 (Madrid)
Two-month internship at IES La Estrella (Public High School), in which, after a week of shadowing, I adopted the role of the teacher. I taught English to students aged between 12 and 18 years old. It was an experience from which I learned numerous skills such as behaviour management, class organization and realised the kind of teacher I aim to become in the future. Main duties performed and achieved skills:
• Lesson planning in accordance with the curriculum and teach engaging and motivating lessons.
• Giving feedback and assessing students in a way that helps them to identify the progress they have made, set positive targets for improvement and become successful independent learners.
• Teaching using active methodologies and CLIL.
• Introducing new ideas and concepts clearly, and using explanations, questions, discussions and plenaries effectively.
English Teacher: English Plus: 06/2017
During this opportunity, I created and developed a gamified experience for children between 3 and 12 years old who were studying at CEIP República de Ecuador (Public Primary School), a CLIL summer camp under the topic “Go Green” through which students learned English and environmentally friendly attitudes. Main duties performed and achieved skills:
• Communicating promptly and effectively with parents and carers, conveying timely and relevant information about attainment, objectives, progress and well-being.
• Reviewing the effectiveness of teaching and its impact on learners’ progress, attainment and well-being.
• Managing learners’ behaviour constructively by establishing and maintaining a clear and positive framework for behaviour management.
Team leader and MFL Teacher: La Kúpula Community Centre: 01/2014 – 08/2017
I started as a teacher of English, Spanish and French, but after a year I was the coordinator of the English Department. I was also a teacher of French and Spanish, and my duties were to plan the lessons, report progress, create activities, explain concepts and grammar. As a team leader, I lead the group and scheduled the working hours, defined duties, and organised trips and visits. Main duties performed and achieved skills:
• Having a commitment to collaboration and co-operative working.
• Working as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues.
• Training, modelling, and guiding new members of the staff
• Providing teaching materials and resources to the teacher.
English and French Teacher: Association D’Union pour le Volontariat et l’Action Social (AUVAS): August 2012 + August 2013
During August 2012 and August 2013, I was a volunteer teacher of English in a summer camp in Morocco. The challenges were enormous due to the number of students, age and level differences. There were around forty students per class, aged between ten and eighteen years old, of levels ranging from elementary to advanced. How I overcame these challenges:
• Used a cooperative learning approach dividing students in mixed level groups.
• Cooperative learning gymkhanas with an individual and a group goal, so that students had to successfully complete their personal goal to achieve the group objective.
• For individual tasks, I solved the level gap by providing multiple levels of each activity.
Private tutor: 2012 – present
• Helping students reach success with school subjects such as Mathematics, Languages, Science and Biology.
• Privately tutoring young students with learning difficulties, including ADHD, who I by finding ways I engaged by researching relevant strategies depending on the students’ necessities and personalities. I have also tutored students with hearing impairments with whom I also adapted audio materials to their needs and emphasize phonetic contents.
• Creating individual and tailored content for each student to accomplish their learning necessities and goals.
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (URJC): 10/2019 – 06/2019
MASTER’S DEGREE: TEACHER TRAINING IN OBLIGATORY SECONDARY AND UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION, VOCATIONAL TRAINING AND LANGUAGES
• Practicum (Induction Period): 8,60
• Learning and Development of Personality 9,00
• Society, Famliy and Education: 8,40
• Educational Innovation and ICTS: 8,9
• Educational Research Applied to Languages: 8,20
• Complements for Disciplinary Training: 8,0
Educación Respetuosa School: 12/2019 – 04/2019
COURSE ON ACTIVE METHODOLOGIES AND CREATION OF ALTERNATIVE EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS
• Autonomous and significative learning.
• Communication spaces, emotional expression and conflict resolution.
• Task and project-based learning.
Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM): 2012 – 2017
UNIVERSITY DEGREE: ENGLISH STUDIES
• English Semiotics and Multimodal Discourse: 90%
• American Poetry since 1950: 90%
• English: Foreign Language: Methodology: 90%
• English Semantics: 87%
• English and American Modernist Poetry: 80%
• English and American Modernist Fiction: 82%
Hello! Cristina helped me learning English. I was a beginner. She is really patient. I loved her lessons. She helped me be motivated. Great teacher! Thanks
Cristina was my teacher of English for a year and a half. She helped me improve my level of English and pass my exams at uni. She is really friendly and caring. She does her best. I really recommend to take lessons with her.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression lessons for all!
Taking writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|