*I can only take on students interested in long term study (min. 6 classes), thank you.* I taught English at UCL for 6 years, and also other top universities. I am a calm, committed teacher and enjoy helping students achieve their goals.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I am qualified and experienced to teach the following subjects:
- English Language Skills and Communication Skills for General and Specific Purposes
- Exam Preparation: Cambridge exams (PET, FCE, CAE, CPE) and IELTS
- English for Academic Purposes and Study Skills (e.g. helping students with academic essay and report writing, using academic vocabulary, reading academic papers, listening to lectures, giving presentations, UCAS applications) for the Arts and Humanities and the Sciences.
- CELTA Training Support
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have the following qualifications:
PhD in Applied Linguistics - in progress.
MA Applied Linguistics with Distinction - Nottingham University
Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education - Greenwich University
BA English Literature - Cardiff University
Diploma in Teaching English to Adults
Certificate in Teaching English to Adults
Creative Writing - Open University
- How much do you charge?
£40 an hour at my home or online
In other locations - price on request
- Where do you teach?
At home in Ealing Broadway.
I am willing to travel for a further charge to cover travel costs and the extra travel time - price on request.
- When are you available?
Weekdays - daytimes only.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I have experience with students of all ages from 3 years old up to adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Cambridge exams - PET, FCE, CAE, CPE; IELTS
Academic Assessments/Study Skills at undergraduate and postgraduate level - all subjects
Linguistics BA and MA
CELTA Training Support
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype or FaceTime.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have substantial experience as an English for Academic Purposes Tutor. I have taught Academic and Study Skills to Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on Arts, Humanities and Science courses at UCL, and also at Leicester, Bristol and Cardiff Universities.
I am also very experienced as an English Language Tutor for General English and Specific Purposes. I have taught children and adults for 16 years in colleges and schools in the UK and overseas. This includes Exam Preparation for Cambridge exams like PET, FCE, CAE and CPE; and IELTS.
I have been a CELTA Teacher Trainer for 10 years, training teachers in English Language Teaching.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking cambridge first certificate fce lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|