- Hourly rate £28
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Rebekah - Central Reading - Music Theory
- at their home
- at your home
About the lesson
Hello and welcome
Please look through my profile and feel free to contact me for further information.
I look forward to hearing from you
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach several subjects.
1. I teach the Violin and Viola from beginner to post grade 8 standard
2. I teach music theory including preparation for the dreaded ABRSM Gr5 theory exam.
3. I am a fully qualified classroom teacher specialising in secondary music so can help with preparation for GCSE and A-Level exams in line with requirements of various examination boards.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Specialism in Secondary Music)
Mavron String Quartet Junior Fellowship in Chamber Music (RWCMD) (2004/05)
PGDip - Post Gradate Diploma in Musical performance (RWCMD) (2005)
Degree - BMus(Hons) 2:1 Undergraduate degree with a specialism in musical performance gained from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in 2003.
Whilst at school......
GCSE Music, A Level Music
Violin - Grade 8 Distinction
Grade 8 Merit
- How much do you charge?
I charge £28.00 per hour
£14.00 30 mins
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in Reading, but may be willing to travel depending on distance and length of teaching time.
I am also employed as a Violin/Viola Teacher by several independant schools in Berkshire and the local Music Service.
- When are you available?
Please contact me to discuss availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Current pupils ages range from 4 - 60 plus, and from total beginners to Post Grade 8.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Associated Board and Trinity Exams Prep Test to post Grade 8 (Vln and Viola)
Theory exams as required
GCSE and A-Level Music
- Music Theory
- Chamber Music
- All Levels
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have a good deal of experience as a professional musician and teacher. I have attended masterclasses with respected teachers in the UK, US, Finland, Australia and Romania. Both as an individual and as violist of the Mavron Quartet (2002-2008). Further details can be found on my website.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I currently hold a full CRB disclosure
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama with the following teachers;
Gustav Clarkson, Graham Oppenheimer and Richard Crabtree. I also studied in Australia with Elizabeth Holowell and have been coached by many leading string quartets.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I currently am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians, The European String Teachers Assocation, The GTC, and the NUT
- 5h: £140
- 10h: £280