I tutor students at key stage 3, GCSE and A-level. I like to base my lessons around the areas that students want to focus on, so that they can make most progress.
I have a TEFL teaching qualification, so I am well-aware of the best teaching methods.
My knowledge of German is excellent and I always enjoy teaching others in friendly and understandable way. I know how daunting German exams can be and I can help you to get you through those exams.
I received A* in my German A-level and I am now studying German at Queen Mary University. Last year I undertook some German translation work for a university research project. So I am highly competent in teaching students German.
2017-present: Queen Mary University of London
2014-2016: Woodford County High School
A-levels: Government and Politics (A*), German (A*), Mathematics (A*)
2009-2014: Anglo European School, Ingatestone:
10 GCSEs: 8 grade A* including in Chinese, German, History and Mathematics, 2 grade A
2003-2009: Alderton Primary School, Loughton
Fluent in English and Danish; German at C1 (advanced) level; conversational Chinese skills (Mandarin)
Translator for a research project at UCL
• Read 300 articles on the topic of the oral contraceptive pill in Danish and German
• Summarized the main points of the articles in English
Early September 2016 -December 2016
Sales Assistant at Valise
September 2014 -September 2016
• Twice a week
Volunteered for 3 months in Sierra Leone on a post-Ebola project for Y-Care International
• Advised Ebola survivors on how they could improve their business and income
• Renovated a primary school and provided sewing machines and materials for a youth centre
• Participated in community clean-ups
The Victoria & Albert Museum of Childhood
• Assisting visitors in the museum, informing them about exhibitions and leading activities with families
WorkAway (voluntary work abroad) in Italy
• Helping a family on an organic farm to harvest saffron bulbs and raspberries
September 2015-June 2016
Language Ambassador at Woodford County High School
• Promoting language learning at the school by involving other students in cultural activities.
WorkAway in Germany
• Volunteered on a rare breeds farm
Spring 2015 Teaching Assistant at Alderton Junior School
• Assisted a Year 3 class
As a part of the Anglo European School, an international school, I have participated in numerous student exchanges:
Essex-Nanjing Sports and Cultural Exchange Programme
• Acted as Youth Ambassadors for Nanjing Youth Olympic Games, promoting a healthy lifestyle and intercultural understanding and respect
23rd January-16th March 2013
School exchange with Goethe-Gynasium, Germany
• Selected by my school to live with a family in Frankfurt for two months
• attended classes at the local school
Exchange in Wiesbaden, Germany for 10 days
Exchange in Dinan, France for 10 days
My family has also hosted multiple exchange students from France, Germany (twice) and China (three times), meaning that I am well accustomed to a multi-cultural environment.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
completed 120-hours TEFL teaching course
2015 and 2016
Received ‘Extraordinary Achievement Award in German and Politics’ two years in a row
Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award
Year Leaders’ Achievement Award in Biology, Chinese and History
Frida enjoys teaching others and is very patient
Frida has a natural talent for explaining even complicated matters in a way that is easy to understand. She is also very good at motivating children and young people when it comes to achieving new goals.
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||£12||Not available|