Hi, I recently graduated from Bristol University with a Masters in Mechanical Engineering. I have since moved to London and will start a graduate scheme in a finance role this coming summer. Until then I am hoping to offer tutoring for students in Mathematics and Physics at GCSE level.
I want to provide a very flexible structure depending on the students requirements. I understand that some students may just be having problems with a few specific areas or example questions and need help running through these while others may wish to go through the whole syllabus in a more structured format. I am very happy to accommodate either and believe it would be effective to discuss these requirements before each lesson so that the student can get the most out of the time provided. I take a friendly and open approach to tutoring with the hope that students are comfortable to ask any questions they want until they fully understand the subject.
In terms of qualifications I have achieved As in both Mathematics and Physics at A-level. I gained a 2.1 in Mechanical engineering with a first class degree for my Masters year. Mathematics and Physics concepts were essential throughout this and are subject that I have always enjoyed.
I previously tutored my younger brother through these subjects for both his GCSEs and A-levels. In addition I have used tutors in subjects that I have previously struggled with and believe I understand what makes a good tutor really stand out.
University of Bristol
Masters in Mechanical Engineering MEng, Grade: 2.1
A-levels: Mathematics (A), Physics (A), Economics (A)
AS-Levels: Mathematics (A), Physics (A), Economics (A), Art (A)
East Africa Capital Partners
• Venture Capital firm based in Nairobi.
• Covered financial accounting statements, basic financial modelling techniques and market trends and indicators in the TMT sector.
• Developed investment analysis for potential investors.
Standard Life Investments
• Based in Edinburgh shadowing partner and CEO.
• Compiled country reports focusing on the political and economic issues, risks and impacts on potential investment.
West Coast Capital
• Shadowed partner of the private equity business, Paul Davidson.
• Attended meetings in the UK and Europe with clients.
• Covered all stages involved with an investment through to exit.
• M&A Department: Helped draft client emails and daily summaries of economic activity.
• Distressed Debt: Provided junior research support.
• Trading: Learned about the market principles on the trading floor.
• Given an introduction to corporate finance and helped with research on potential M&A opportunities.
• Learned about transactional services and accounting principles.
University Final Year Project
• Managed a £2,000 budget to create a large gyroscope for rotating fluids that will be used by future university projects.
• Required contact with suppliers to establish university links.
• Achieved a 1st class grade of 75%.
Head Boy Fettes College
• Lead a team of prefects to help with running of school.
• Ran a student council to voice opinions of the students.
• Acted as link between headmaster and pupils.
Cycle for Kenyan School Supplies
• Organised and participated in 1100 km charity cycle across France.
• Raised money to buy sports equipment for a rural school in Kenya and delivered them myself.
Max is mature and engaging as well as patient. He has held a number of leadership positions all of which have given him a quiet confidence that will enable him to connect and develop a relationship with anyone that he will tutor.
Max gave me tutoring for maths and physics GCSE. He is such a great and patient teacher and really helped me understand things I couldn't get my head around! He was reliable and punctual and went out of his way (even when not officially tutoring) to make notes for me and help with practice papers and exam technique. Highly recommend Max and very greatful for everything he has done for me I got A* in both physics and maths!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|