As a recent graduate I believe I can offer a relatable teaching method so that my students will be able to understand the subject. As I have sat the exams before I can explain what is expected to get top marks. My lessons will consist of an explanation of a topic and then practice questions to check understanding.
I have recently graduated with a First Class Honours degree in Business Management with an Integrated Work Placement from Cardiff University. I studied Business Studies at AS Level and A level and I have gained practical experience from working in industry as part of my degree. I also studied English Literature and Language, Religious studies and Art at Alevel.
An enthusiastic Business Management graduate with strong communication, project management, written and design skills, IT literate, experienced at working with senior management and as part of a team, confident, highly organised, well presented, a quick learner.
2015-2018 Cardiff University – First Class Honours – (Bsc) Business Management with Integrated Work Placement
2016 Student Mentor position at Cardiff University
2008-2015 Brynteg Comprehensive School
3 A Levels: Business Studies (B); Religious Studies (A); English Language & Literature (B)
AS Level: Art & Design (B)
10 GCSEs: Grades A-C including Mathematics, English, Science and Business Studies
Interpersonal and communication skills – broad experience of communicating with people at all levels. A Student Mentor to new students. Excellent telephone skills acquired through working at a Payroll Helpdesk and effective communication skills developed through charity work, assisting at children’s clubs and part time employment in the hospitality industry.
Organisational skills- developed through a five-month work placement as a Project Support Officer, coordinating and managing project activity.
Social Media and Computer Literacy - Competent in using Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint; an experienced user of a range of social media channels; experienced in Surveyi, survey software.
Team working- a strong team player, developed through student mentor training, voluntary work and a work placement with the Employment Services team, NHS Shared Services.
Time Management – acquired in my role as a Project Support Officer and through academic studies - ability to prioritise tasks, manage multiple tasks and deliver to deadlines.
Commercial awareness – strong understanding of marketing concepts and business, developed through studies, projects and work experience. Experience of procurement tender processes and project management.
Presentation skills – confident in delivering effective presentations as a result of a contemporary presentation workshop.
Marketing Skills – developed through creating online marketing content for a local charity.
Work Experience/ Employment History
Current Bank Staff Member NHS Shared Services Partnership
Part time work providing support to the NHS back office functions following my work placement below
2017 Project Support Officer NHS Shared Services Partnership
• Supported Project Managers in the delivery of projects.
• Managed multiple stakeholders at all levels
• Working knowledge of project management processes and methodology
• Led a Project Team
• Coordinated conference arrangements
• Formulated and distributed meeting agenda and produced meeting minutes
2016 Marketing Assistant Pre-Loved Furniture - Cardiff Consortium (Charities)
• Marketing Support - design of promotional material
• Provided strategic recommendations to improve website
• Provided assistance to the charity manager and developed strong communication skills, both verbally and written through team working
• Developed skills in use of desktop publishing package
2012-2015 Customer Services Assistant Tino’s Fish and Chip Shop
• Acquired customer service and cashier skills
• Used own initiative.
• Provided training to new staff and learnt new skills such as stock management and the importance of food hygiene.
• Developed resilience in high pressured situations.
2014 South Wales Police Headquarters
• The Procurement department provided first-hand experience of working within a busy office environment.
• Demonstrated good computer skills
• Provided general administrative support and was able to utilise these to organise a filing system
2012 Ty Hafan Charity Shop
• Responsible for liaising with customers
• Worked with other volunteers to organise stock, display items and provide good customer service.
2012, 2014 Brackla Primary School
• Two periods of work experience at a local school developed my organisational, social and people skills whilst working with children
• Assisted children with language and literacy
• Learnt the importance of good time management.
First Aid – Completed basic first aid qualification in 2014
Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award achieved in 2012
References are available on request
business studies lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|