Hello! :) I am a recent MSc in Forensic Science graduate who loves teaching. I am proficient and more than happy to give lessons in science, especially biology and chemistry, including both fundamental levels and more specific levels like analytical or organic chemistry. I also have a strong background in Mathematics. My teaching technique is very student-central as I believe people learn and understand things differently.
I worked as laboratory demonstrator where I got to demonstrate analytical techniques as well as dealing with students’ problems and queries concerning technical issues, the theory behind the techniques and general questions.
Moreover, during my undergraduate studies, I helped tutor both a university and school students with various subjects.
2015 – 2016
MSc Forensic Science Expected result 68/100 (High Merit)
King’s College London (KCL) London, UK
• MSc project: Synthesis, characterization and testing of a fluorogenic substrate for blood detection and identification.
• Hands-on experience in solid phase peptide synthesis and analytical techniques including Liquid Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), spectrofluorometry, and fluorescence microscopy.
• Received certificate on completion of Pre-Employment Assessment Competence (PEAC) from the Chartered Society of Forensic Science (Laboratory Analysis Biology 2016).
2011 – 2015
BSc Chemistry GPA 3.88/4.00 (First Class Honour)
Mahidol University International College Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Major: Chemistry Minor: Spanish
• BSc project: Comparative studies of methodologies to isolate ricinoleic acid from castor oil.
• Modules included:
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Spectroscopy
- Organic Laboratory
- Analytical Chemistry
- Modern Methods of Analysis
• Spent a semester abroad as part of the study abroad exchange programme at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (North Carolina, USA) in 2013.
1999 – 2011
High School Diploma GPA 3.75/4.00
Saint Joseph Convent School Bangkok, Thailand
• Specialisation: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
• Qualified from a competitive selection process to participate in the one-year American Field Service (AFS) Exchange Student Programme in Cervantes, Rio Negro, Argentina.
Sept – Dec 2016
Laboratory demonstrator (KCL)
• Running Analytical Science practicals involving sample manual injections, quantification of compounds in a sample and melting point range identification.
• Running DNA Technology practicals involving DNA extraction (Chelex, OIAamp), quantification (Quantifiler, Picogreen), amplification (PCR), and fragment length analysis (capillary electrophoresis).
• Demonstrating analytical techniques as well as dealing with students’ problems and queries concerning technical issues, the theory behind the techniques and general questions.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemical physics lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|