Positive, outgoing, hard-working tutor who specializes in history, social sciences and humanities. I will help with reading over essays, reviewing assignments and studying for tests; lesson plans can be tailored for each student and made together, to ensure that students are comfortable and excited to participate. Getting results and having fun while learning are my two most important goals!
BA from Northwestern University and MA from UCL specializing in history, anthropology and international affairs. I have worked with youth in several capacities: tutored primary and secondary students, coached football to primary, secondary and university students and worked alongside Student Affairs department at Northwestern University. I have a passion for working with youth and am always willing to give 110% of my efforts to help people succeed!
University College London- MA in Transnational Studies 2017
(Awards and grades still to come)
Northwestern University- BA in History and Anthropology, with a minor in Classical Studies
Grades and Awards
•Deans List Scholar Every Quarter • Greek Man of the Year and Outstanding Greek Senior Nominee • Homecoming King 2013 • Northwestern University Campus Life Award • Phi Beta Kappa Society • Mortar Board • Order of Omega • Joseph Clyde Murley Prize for Undergraduate Achievement in
Classics – Minor
Special Assistant to the Dean of Northwestern University in Qatar
August 2014- May 2015
• Oversaw Student Affairs projects by becoming assistant coach for the football team, chaperoning student trips within Doha as well as internationally, creating the NU-Q Spirit Squad and mentoring contestants for the Shell Enterprise Competition.
• Strengthened the connection between NU-Q and Evanston campus students by serving as a liaison, providing advice on publications, leading the week long NU-Q Student Ambassador trip to Chicago, and helping to create the first "NU-Q Student Showcase" on the main Campus
Research Assistant for Northwestern University Anthropology Department
September 2013- June 2014
• Collaborated with Dr. Mark Hauser in the expansion of his research related to Caribbean slave archaeology.
Residential Assistant for Northwestern University Residential Services
Decemeber 2011- June 2012
• Oversaw emotional and mental wellbeing of 200+ residential undergraduate students, fostering a safe and responsible community.
• Organized community programming including group trips to University theater shows, setting up of dorm Spirit Week, and bringing guest speakers to discuss important issues, such as diversity and the Medill Justice Project.
• Conducted safety rounds 1-2 times a week to ensure residents were adequately upholding university regulations and standards.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geographical history lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|