I prefer to base the classes on the subjects that the student feels they are weakest. I teach subjects in-line with the guidelines of the student's curriculum. I often require an outline of the curriculum prior to our first lesson. I like to tutor at the pace of the student to ensure student has a strong initial grasp of the subject matter. This is followed by testing the student on material in question. Then going over answers to the test with the student, addressing any gaps in knowledge. Afterwards I like to revise the material again answering any questions the student may have until they acquire a more comprehensive grasp of the subject matter. Test again. Afterward it is good to let the student mark themselves with support from me.
I recently completed Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine MSc from UCL. prior to that i has completed a Human and Medical Sciences BSc at University of Westminster. I had knowledge in areas such related the tissue engineering, biomaterial applied and molecular bioscience and the cellular biology.
Asher Jesse Rhone
ϖ Address: 15 Helix Gardens, Flat C
ϖ London, SW2 2JJ
ϖ Phone: (concealed information)2
ϖ Email: (concealed information)
ϖ Skype: asher.rhone
Research Scientist • Biomedical Scientist • Nanotechnology Academic • Tissue Engineering Academic • Biochemistry Academic • Epidemiological Researcher • Cancer and Molecular Biology Research Scientist • Bioinformatics • Immunological Data Analyst • Science Tutor • English Second Language (ESL) Tutor/Teacher
ϖ Recent Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine MSc graduate, currently providing services in science and ESL tuition.
ϖ Tremendous passion for Biomedical Science and research, with aspirations of perusing a career in research and academia.
ϖ Eager for chance to have my research play a decisive role in contributing to disease prevention and advancing innovation of predictive, prognostic and diagnostic capabilities in medical science.
ϖ University College London:
o Sept 2019 - MSc Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine (award pending..)
o Thesis: Investigation to Confirm MEIS1 Tumour Suppressant Function and Methylation-Regulated Expression
ϖ University of Westminster:
o July 2017 - BSc Human and Medical Science 2:1
o Dissertation: In Vitro Model Assessing Toficitinib Efficiency in Inhibiting T-cell Activation Post Allogeneic Haematopoietic Stem-cell Transplantation
ϖ Lambeth College:
o June 2013 - 3 A levels: Biology B, Maths B, Chemistry C
ϖ Emanuel School:
o June 2004 - 9 GCSE’s: 4B’s and 5C’s (Including English and Maths)
ϖ Other Qualifications/Certificates:
o Teaching English First Language (TEFL)
o Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
ϖ UCL Cancer Institute May 2019 – Sept 2019
o Sorted and centrifuged whole blood samples from bladder cancer patients into serum and plasma for gene expression analysis.
ϖ GCSE and ESL Tutoring -: July 2015 - (on going).
o I am registered to a number of private tutoring agencies, such as Superprof, First Tutors United Kingdom and ABC tutors.
o I have mentored and tutored GCSE and A-level students in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, English in one to one sessions in addition to international ESL students via Skype.
ϖ Freedom Recovery Center - Services for addiction: July 2016 - September 2017.
o Taking special interest in the day to day operations of the clinic, whilst paying special attention to the work of healthcare professionals.
o Liaising with clinicians and professional whilst making contributions to the clinical meetings.
ϖ University of London Air Squadron - Officer Cadet in Command Entertainment Committee 2016.
o Working with my fellow committee members being responsible for managing functions for ULAS members and its Officers in command.
o Partaking in charity work for the squadron by undertaking collections for the RAF affiliated charities, such as John Egging’s Trust.
Experimental Design Experience
qPCR, FACS and ELISA Assays • In Vitro Cell-line Drug Treatments • Immunofluorescent-Staining • Primer design • Plasmid DNA Transfection • Microscopic Observation • Whole-Blood Separation and DNA/RNA Extraction, using Centrifugation Techniques • Cell Culturing
• Familiar with statistics analytical programmes, such as SPSS, R-studio and Edexcel..
• Bioinformatics experience conducting metadata research on gene expression and regulation profiles using public access databases and online tools such as GEPIA, Oncomine and MAPLab. Data acquisition via generating Kaplan-Meyer survival analysis diagrams
• Extensive practice carrying out both relative and absolute methods of normalisation for qPCR data analysis.
• Experience conducting independent research, reviews and experiments and using statistical methods to analyse and assess raw data.
• During university, I joined the University of London Air Squadron (ULAS) as an Officer Cadet. I became a member of the entertainment committee responsible for managing functions for ULAS members and commanding officers. Additional responsibilities involved charity work, raising money by organising and taking part in collections for RAF affiliated charities
• I have been involved in setting up a community-based scheme for youths aged 13-17, called Escape youth project
• I work alongside a campaign called Make-a-change, raising money for charities aimed at protecting young people from gang violence
• Member of the Voluntary Dyslexic Association
• Member of Royal Society of Biology
physics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£105||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£150|