I would describe myself s a focused and dedicated teacher with a decade and a half of classroom experience. I am committed to developing my teaching by integrating current teaching theories with practical, child-centred practices.
I ensure that lessons are taught with an eye to real-world applications, and explanations as to the relevance of the topic to the pupil's own lives.
From 2005 to the present, I taught English Language and Literature across the spectrum, from KS3 to GCSE. I also have pastoral specialism dealing with children who have a range of learning difficulties, including mild autism, dyslexia and emotional and behavioural problems.
Some of my duties include: the monitoring of attendance and punctuality; maintenance of standards; development of social skills within the curriculum and the close discussions with parents and pupils around issues of standards being called into question.
I also run extra curricular activities including the BBC Young Reporters Program, Photograph Club and the NaNoWrMo creative writing project.
English teacher - Newport — 2016-Present
Current duties include the monitoring of attendance and punctuality, maintenance of standards and development of social skills within the curriculum. Close discussions with parents and pupils around issues of standards being called into question.
- Running extra curricular activities including the BBC Young Reporters Program
English Teacher - Torfaen — 2011-2016
Teaching the English Language and Literature curriculum at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. Managing the BBC School report program as well as photography and creative writing extra-curricular activities. Duties:
- Planning lessons according to the current school policies and guidelines.
- Organising and managing resources.
- Achieving the highest possible standards of care and education.
- Reviewing the school curriculum as part of a team.
- Observing the Health and Safety policies.
English Language & Literature, Drama, PSHE - Caerphilly — September 2008 - July 2010
Classroom teacher of key stages 3, 4 and 5 in English Language and Literature, and key stage 3 in Drama
English Language & Literature, Drama, PSHE & Performing Arts - Blackwood — 2005 - 2007
• University of South Wales - PGCE Leadership and Management, 2016
• Swansea Metropolitan University (Formerly SIHE) - PGCE English, 2005
• Birmingham University - MPhil Critical Theory, 2004
• Aberystwyth University — BA English, 2002
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|