To look at the main profession of the trainee and see where IT would be of assistance to them. After this initial analysis perform basic training in the type of IT which would be of use to them and advise them where to go for further training (e.g. graphic design work).
I was a senior analyst with BP Exploration for over twelve years, and have worked as an IT Consultant for many small companies.
It was my responsibility to train all members of the Drilling Department; from secretaries to senior engineers; to use IT in their jobs,
I am an honest and trustworthy individual with over 30 years’ experience of working in all aspects of IT, both PC and mainframe and am now looking for a return to the IT field. I have Business Analysis and Systems Analysis experience in the oil, aviation and small business areas of commerce, including the supervision of staff. Furthermore, I have worked with a large cross section of customers ranging from company directors to floor staff. I have the ability to advise and train people in the use of IT for their specific jobs.
• Punctual, dependable and reliable
• Ability to work on my own initiative
• Effective team participant and leader
• Flexible and willing to go the extra mile
• Friendly, approachable and pleasant personality
Sep 2009 - May 2015
• I studied for, and achieved, qualification in PRINCE 2, as I have been fairly proficient in handling IT projects over the last twenty odd years.
• I have studied various levels of Windows from version 3.1 to 10, which I currently use.
• I have been absent from work for over 4 years, due to a heart bi-pass operation. I am now completely fit and well.
May 2009 - Aug 2009 University of the West of Scotland
• Studied for and obtained an MCP (Microsoft Windows 2003)
Jun 2007 - Jan 2009 RFID Sales (self) Salesman / IT Consultant
• Selling the use of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) and the setup of systems, to large companies in the manufacturing industry.
Aug 2006 - May 2007 Spirit AeroSystems (Europe) Ltd IT Analyst
• Implemented the deployment of RFID to handle logistics within the company, and to fit in with suppliers world-wide and customers such as Boeing and Airbus.
• Implemented Quask to handle all the forms (e.g. travel, expenses, and personnel).
• Advised on the purchase and use of the latest Tablet PCs.
• Advised on the use of PDAs and WiFi
2001 – July 2006 Further Education / Independent Contractor
• Studied for and obtained an ECDL in Microsoft Office.
• Studied for, and obtained an HNC in e-Commerce.
• Studied for and obtained an MCP (Microsoft XP).
• Business Consultancy for various clients.
1998 - 2001 Independent Contractor IT Consultant
• Provided consultancy to an international freight company, one of the largest companies in South Africa, on the use of EDI to make SA customs entries.
• Brought considerable IT expertise to the company, providing direction and advice on the whole process. Utilised VB 6 and MS SQL Server extensively in this role.
• Provided consultancy on a number of IT network and web projects relating to engineering, drilling training, accounting, imaging and stores promotion in the UK.
• Developed a number of websites from scratch, from concept and design through to registration and launch.
1994 - 1998 CMEI (IT Consultants) Limited Technical Manager
• Managed the day-to-day operations of this small electronic imaging & multimedia firm, ensuring optimum configuration and performance within the technical environment.
• Formulated and implemented IT strategies and managed key client projects including web design and bespoke programming.
• Provided solutions for various IT infrastructures ranging from standalone PCs to small networks.
• IT Consultant and Project Manager for a business critical, multi-site migration from IBM 36 systems to NT WAN for a key client, including network design, build and procurement.
1980 - 1993 BP Exploration Co IT & Communications Adviser
• Acting as head of Drilling IT, I had eight computer staff.
• Software licensing with Microsoft and others was handled between me and the IT Department.
• Adviser to the Drilling Department in London Eakring Glasgow and Aberdeen, responsible for global IT and communications strategy and implementation, excluding the USA.
• Had world-wide Drilling sites (8) in the BP WAN, (one of the largest in the world).
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microsoft word lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft excel lessons for all!
Taking microsoft powerpoint lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£59||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£108||Not available|