Hi. I am a Brighton based tutor specialising in pronunciation, accent reduction and elocution.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in intensive individually-focused training in pronunciation, accent reduction and elocution.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Master's degree in English Language Teaching (including Phonetics & Phonology), and the Trinity Certificate in TEFL.
- How much do you charge?
£50 an hour.
Block booking: 8 sessions for £360 (£45 an hour) paid in advance.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in my home in central Hove.
I can also do sessions on Skype.
- When are you available?
At the moment I am usually only available Monday morning and Friday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Adults and young adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype tutoring is available.
Ric is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I come from an English Language teaching and linguistics background, starting in 2000. I have taught in private language schools and taught Business English for clients in major companies. After completing my MA, I have been an associate lecturer at the Universities of Surrey and Sussex. I am an examiner and examinations writer for two well-known exam boards. I have considerable experience in creating intensive individual courses in pronunciation and accent training, drawing on my training in phonetics and my experience as a public speaker and a performer of improvised comedy.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
University of Reading: Master of Arts English Language Teaching 2007 (Distinction)
Trinity Certificate in TEFL 2000
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
British Voice Association
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- a Spanish social worker wanting to improve her English accent
- a hypnotherapist working on improving the quality of his voice
- an a French university lecturer working on her conference presentation
- a newly-qualified Primary English teacher improving her understanding of phonetics
- a Russian working in the financial sector who wanted to improve her social and business speaking
- an English new business owner brushing up his speaking skills
- a Czech lawyer improving her accent and presentation skills
- a Hungarian woman wanting to improve her employment prospects
- a Polish couple working on their spoken English
- a British teenager preparing for a telephone interview
• Trinity TEFL Certificate
• MA English Language Teaching
• British Voice Association
I appreciate the help I get from you - and of course your patience. You're an excellent English teacher.
I am very grateful to you...[my son] has become more confident and communicative in English speaking as a result of better speech, thanks to your help.
Ric is a friendly, patient and experienced teacher. Thank you for the great lesson.
I feel I understand English speaking better than before.
[I learned] not just accent but other skills (e.g. connected speech), so it was really useful for me.
pitching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|