I am a 23 year old Masters student at RMIT with a bachelor degree in actuarial math. My main goal is to help students understand why are they even studying this particular topic at school in the first place. Where did it all come from? Why is it useful? Why should they care? etc.
Once the relevance and reasoning behind any mathematical topic is established, its comprehension can be greatly improved.
I have helped around 15 students, from university classmates to 13 year olds. I am most familiar with teaching algebra, probability, geometry and calculus, in that order, and have done so both in english and spanish throughout the last 5 years.
Actuarial Certification Exams:
Exam P/1, Passed March 2016
Exam FM/2, Passed June 2016
VEE Economics: Completed, have not applied for.
VEE Corporate Finance: Completed, have not applied for.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester MA
Bachelor of Science, Actuarial Mathematics May 2017
Minor in Business
Deloitte (Moscow, Russia) August 2015 – October 2015
• Worked on a four-person team whose objective was to identify Moscow students’ motivations in their career choices, in order to help Deloitte recruit better-qualified university graduates.
• Used interviews and a survey to gather data from over 500 students from 8 universities in Moscow.
• Was specifically in charge of analyzing the data gathered from the 520 responses.
• Wrote a 154-page final report for Deloitte in collaboration with my team. (Link: (concealed information)
• Presented final results for Deloitte and PWC executives at the Financial University in Moscow.
• Report was presented at the annual conference of the Eastern Economic Association on February of 2016 in Washington DC.
Coaching Job (Cancun, Mexico)
• Paid Coaching Job for my state’s table tennis team on the summers of 2013 and 2014.
• Trained several of the best under-18 players in Mexico from May to August.
• Coached at the National Table Tennis Championship.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|